Hi.

I have software with the name "Locked Programs" that appears under "Currently Installed Programs:" in "Add or Remove Programs" in the Control Panel. It does offer the change/remove option. (But no "Click here for support information" is offered) My sys. is Win XP. Have Googled "Locked Programs" to no avail. What is this? Any one know? Spyware - Malware?

Thank you - J.

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by javamann

sounds like malware. you might want to start your computer in safe mode and scan for viruses and spyware

sounds like malware. you might want to start your computer in safe mode and scan for viruses and spyware

Ran scan for viruses and spyware in safe mode - all clean. Thank you. Anyone else?

Hi zandiago. I used Avast antivir & MS Windows Defender & Spybot S&D. All in safe mode with nothing found. Thank you.

Hi - This is now solved...

I was in Add and Remove Programs and I clicked on the 'support' button for the "Locked Programs" entry. It was there that I finally learned that "Locked Programs" is associated with another program that I have installed on the computer. Thanks to all who replied to this.

JAVAMANN

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.