Hi.

I have software with the name "Locked Programs" that appears under "Currently Installed Programs:" in "Add or Remove Programs" in the Control Panel. It does offer the change/remove option. (But no "Click here for support information" is offered) My sys. is Win XP. Have Googled "Locked Programs" to no avail. What is this? Any one know? Spyware - Malware?

Thank you - J.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

sounds like malware. you might want to start your computer in safe mode and scan for viruses and spyware

sounds like malware. you might want to start your computer in safe mode and scan for viruses and spyware

Ran scan for viruses and spyware in safe mode - all clean. Thank you. Anyone else?

What programs did you use to scan for malwares?

Hi zandiago. I used Avast antivir & MS Windows Defender & Spybot S&D. All in safe mode with nothing found. Thank you.

Hi - This is now solved...

I was in Add and Remove Programs and I clicked on the 'support' button for the "Locked Programs" entry. It was there that I finally learned that "Locked Programs" is associated with another program that I have installed on the computer. Thanks to all who replied to this.

JAVAMANN

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.