my pc shut downs suddenly while i am working on it.it does shut down the proper way,i mean it suddenly switches off without warning but the numlock is still on.could be a probelm with the power supply unit or the motherboard. help will be appreciated

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Is this a new problem or has this always been the case? We need more information on the computer...make, model, operating system. Does this happen with everything or only online? Have you timed this...meaning does it happen always in the same length of time each time?

Is this a new problem or has this always been the case? We need more information on the computer...make, model, operating system. Does this happen with everything or only online? Have you timed this...meaning does it happen always in the same length of time each time?

this problem is there for the past two weeks, p4,512mb of ram ,win xp ,128mb internal video card; it is very random ,sometimes it works without shutting down throughout the night when i download ;but suddenly when playing games or using tabbed browsing or while converting files using winrar it goes off. its totally unpredictable,thanks for helping

Have you tried updating video drivers and other hardware? 512MB of RAM isn't a lot if you are doing a lot of gaming. File sharing can be a dangerous thing too. Are you scanning ALL of these files for possible viruses, trojans and malware?

i have been downloading content for the past two years or so in different computers ,but never had this kind of problem. When i try to scan the system using AVG 8.0 the pc goes off,one more thing it does not shut down the normal way as stated before,it shuts down as if there is a power failure and there is no UPS installed.i dont play that many games on this pc.
thanks again..

How about trying to do the AVG scan in Safe Mode?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.