last week i take internet connection and also install trendmicro on my pc.On the next day i find that my all world filles are not opening and also the icon of world files became different.
From the icon they are looking, the files of some other format.From all these clues i find that some virus is on my computer.So i start up,first of all i scan with trendmicro and it fond nothing. i removed it and install avira antivirus and again scan. it fond 34 virus and delete all of it but my world files are still not opening.Now i installed MBAM and scan, nothing was fond again.now i was hopeless i took the last attemt and install hijackthis and also it does not help. my all files are still not opening .somebody help me as these files are every important for me

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Can you tell us the name of the virus? Maybe it could help us with helping you.

dear

i donot remember the exact name but it could be trojan, womb.vbs etc and also now i open the files but not directly first of all i have to open the microsoft word and after that clicking on "files" and sellecting the "open" and chosing the desire file
but the icons of word files are still as they are previous. plz help me if you have some suggestion

Hi dude,

BETTER you install KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY 2009 and scan for viruses and i'm sure it will delete any trojan, sysinfo.exe etc......

Next reinstall MSOFFICE software and try ....... lets see and better go for only trusted websites and download the stuff ok

ok
i try ur suggesion.ok tell me when i remove msoffice then i have to take the back up of my all word file or not

ok
i try ur suggesion.ok tell me when i remove msoffice then i have to take the back up of my all word file or not

uninstalling office will not delete saved files .before you uninstall it try the following
=========
may i suggest this program before you buy Kaspersky 2009 .
==============
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

(http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html) to your

desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and

Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
post the log back here.

=======
also suggest this program for after you use malwarebytes ,run its cleaner and registry cleaner functions . www.ccleaner.com

I would also like to mention here that you have said that you installed Trendmicro and then removed it...how did you remove it? Did you actually UNINSTALL it or just delete? Make sure it was uninstalled. One should never have more than one antivirus program running on the computer.
Then you said you installed avira antivirus and it DID find 34 infections. So it IS working. Keep it. It is an excellent FREE program, no need to install another.
Follow caperjack's instructions. You can also download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware directly from their website also.
Be sure to reboot the computer AFTER running MBA-M and removing everything found.

Also download and run HiJackThis and post that log here once you have finished all other instructions

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.