Hi

For some very strange reason the folders Volume System Information and RECYCLER have appeared on both my two external hard drives.

They look shaded so I guess they are hidden files.

Before I go to the extent of bothering you with my logs can someone tell me if its a virus or not, and I need to be worried?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I have tried to access my folder and get the following message:-

resycled/boot.com is not a valid win32 application

Hi

Can anyone tell me if this is a virus?

Thanks
Nic

Hi

Can anyone tell me if this is a virus?

Thanks
Nic

google this [ resycled/boot.com is not a valid win32 application ]and you will see some saying it is a "worm " and how to fix it ,

Windows creates hidden Recycle bin and System Restore directories on all drives. Thats normal.

However, your resycled/boot.com error IS a virus.

I'm having a similar kind of problem and here it goes:

In all the disk partitions, there used to be a folder for RECYCLE BIN......
which is denoted as $RECYCLE.BIN right????This is an os folder and is hidden by default.

The actual problem is another folder RECYCLER(must be a malware) appears even when hide hidden folder option is applied. However, RECYCLER is also found in all disk partitions. In the RECYCLER folder, there seems to be an application S-0-0-75-100020897-100014327-100022846-4120.com
which is shown when Show OS files option is selected......
When I delete the folder it says, it's unsafe to delete a system file........

Are you sure this is a system file or some kind of malware????
Need help!!!

I'm having a similar kind of problem and here it goes:

In all the disk partitions, there used to be a folder for RECYCLE BIN......
which is denoted as $RECYCLE.BIN right????This is an os folder and is hidden by default.

The actual problem is another folder RECYCLER(must be a malware) appears even when hide hidden folder option is applied. However, RECYCLER is also found in all disk partitions. In the RECYCLER folder, there seems to be an application S-0-0-75-100020897-100014327-100022846-4120.com
which is shown when Show OS files option is selected......
When I delete the folder it says, it's unsafe to delete a system file........

Are you sure this is a system file or some kind of malware????
Need help!!!

sudharsannr . You already have a thread going with this problem. Please do not double post!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.