I have widows XP and this all started Friday
1. Every web page won't display pictures, instead of showing the little red x in the upper left corner for pictures it has a picture of a red square, green cirlce and blue triangle, very small in the upper left corner, for every picture. So I go into internet options and under advance click on "show pictures" under multimedia and click apply. that works for a while but when I turn the computer on (this morning) it reset back to blank pictures for websites again.
2. I tried going back the Thursday when I knew my computer was fine and I get to the restore point that I want and click next for the computer to continue and nothing happens....at all, it is like clicking it does nothing, so I can not restore my system now
3 and last every search link I click on takes me to some fake or another search engine of what I searched for in the first place. for instance, I search for something and I find a real link but it takes me to another fake site with results of whatever I searched for in the first place, not the link I clicked on. This forum is the only forum I can actually use while my computer is messed up. I can type in some websites directly to my address bar, while others take me again to a fake search engine site of whatever I type into my address bar. Can someone help me see what is wrong with my computer, I have Hijack This already dowloaded on my computer, let me know the first step in fixing this computer I have. Many thnaks.

Recommended Answers

All 26 Replies

Hello and Welcome to Daniweb,

Can you pls do the following:

1. - Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button) to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

Make sure that you restart the computer.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

2. - Download hijackthis and post the log. - Pls download this version, so it is up-to-date.

In your reply, post the logs (in this order):
1. - Malware Bytes Log
2. - Hijackthis Log

Thanks,

Cohen

unfortunatly when I download that Malware program to my desktop, I go to install it and nothing happens. I double click on it and choose run and the hourglass pops up for a few seconds then goes away and nothing happens. I tried downloading Hijack this and it says internet explorer could not open the page (this happens with certain website that I know are good, but in the state my computer is in, it gets a little fussy.) I ran Hiajck this 2.0.2 that I have on my computer and got this.
This is only the Hijack log, no malwarebytes as the program didn't run. Will this help?
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:42:35 PM, on 12/7/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16735)
Boot mode: Safe mode with network support

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\mbam-setup.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q405&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop&parm1=seconduser
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q405&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop&parm1=seconduser
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: C:\WINDOWS\system32\jsdf8j3dgf.dll - {C5BF49A2-94F3-42BD-F434-3604812C897D} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\jsdf8j3dgf.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD08] "c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\{33D6CC28-9F75-4d1b-A11D-98895B3A3729}\hphupd08.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPBootOp] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe" /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [txitbnqzugza] C:\WINDOWS\System32\regsvr32.exe /s "C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\xngaotwnxcst.dll"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Jnskdfmf9eldfd] C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\csrssc.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [Jnskdfmf9eldfd] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\csrssc.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: Sprint media monitor.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\RM.exe
O4 - Startup: Yahoo! Widget Engine.lnk = C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Widgets\YahooWidgetEngine.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Extender Resource Monitor.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\ehome\RMSysTry.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Updates from HP.lnk = C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\9972322\Program\Updates from HP.exe
O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O16 - DPF: {0CCA191D-13A6-4E29-B746-314DEE697D83} (Facebook Photo Uploader 5) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/FacebookPhotoUploader5.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {34F12AFD-E9B5-492A-85D2-40FA4535BE83} (AxProdInfoCtl Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/activedata/nprdtinf.cab
O16 - DPF: {3DCEC959-378A-4922-AD7E-FD5C925D927F} (Disney Online Games ActiveX Control) - http://disney.go.com/pirates/online/testActiveX/built/signed/DisneyOnlineGames.cab
O16 - DPF: {406B5949-7190-4245-91A9-30A17DE16AD0} (Snapfish Activia) - http://photos.walmart.com/WalmartActivia.cab
O16 - DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} (MySpace Uploader Control) - http://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1006.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w2/resources/MSNPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1178776720578
O16 - DPF: {6A344D34-5231-452A-8A57-D064AC9B7862} (Symantec Download Manager) - https://webdl.symantec.com/activex/symdlmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1178776707859
O16 - DPF: {8A94C905-FF9D-43B6-8708-F0F22D22B1CB} (Wwlaunch Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/shared/wwlaunch.cab
O16 - DPF: {CF969D51-F764-4FBF-9E90-475248601C8A} (FamilyFeud Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v47/familyfeud/familyfeud.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: gsgehtaw - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\gsgehtaw.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: lke3iemrl490kgfgdsfd - {C5AF42A3-94F3-42BD-F434-3604832C897D} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hsd63geff.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: mcb7uehuj3n8weuhejsw - {C5BF49A2-94F3-42BD-F434-3604812C897D} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\jsdf8j3dgf.dll
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: ICF - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe:ext.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service Ex (LiveUpdate Notice Ex) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

--
End of file - 10071 bytes

OK, Remove all the malware bytes exe files and download MBA-M again, and rename it.. and try installing it that way.... and then see what happens.

Cohen :)

I got a little further than before, but as it was installing to my desktop and "extracting files" the setup froze, and wouldn't let me click on anything. Any ideas?

I have tried this 2 times then restarted my computer and tried it a 3rd time, it seems to freeze in the same spot.

Hello, spyder, your sys has been knocked silly by some malwares. Being midnight in Aust Cohen has likely wandered off to bed.
I see these things in running processes:
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\mbam-setup.exe
So, delete the folder C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Rename this file C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\mbam-setup.exe to mambo-sup.exe
Before you try starting the installer again though, let's do this [some of it may stick...].
At this point you may wish to dl this program:
==This one is a general purpose deleter, Unlocker: http://filehippo.com/download_unlocker/
Dclick the exe to install it, unchecking the updater and assistant boxes. It runs from the rclick context menu, and that is cool.
Right. Set? Rename hijackthis.exe to imabunny.exe, then start it, select Scan Only, place checkmarks against all the entries listed below that still exist, and then press Fix Checked.

O2 - BHO: C:\WINDOWS\system32\jsdf8j3dgf.dll - {C5BF49A2-94F3-42BD-F434-3604812C897D} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\jsdf8j3dgf.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [txitbnqzugza] C:\WINDOWS\System32\regsvr32.exe /s "C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\xngaotwnxcst.dll"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Jnskdfmf9eldfd] C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\csrssc.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [Jnskdfmf9eldfd] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\csrssc.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O20 - Winlogon Notify: gsgehtaw - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\gsgehtaw.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: lke3iemrl490kgfgdsfd - {C5AF42A3-94F3-42BD-F434-3604832C897D} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hsd63geff.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: mcb7uehuj3n8weuhejsw - {C5BF49A2-94F3-42BD-F434-3604812C897D} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\jsdf8j3dgf.dll
O23 - Service: ICF - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe:ext.exe

Good, now delete these files:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jsdf8j3dgf.dll
C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\xngaotwnxcst.dll
C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\csrssc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\csrssc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\gsgehtaw.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hsd63geff.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe:ext.exe

Be aware that C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe is a valid system file - don't try to delete it.
Actually, this one is supposed to be a rootkit...C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe:ext.exe, so let's see what pops when it is killed.
Now try to install mambo-sup.exe. If it does install, uncheck the update and the the start now boxes before you click Finish.
Go into the MBAM directory in Pgm Files and rename mbam.exe to mambo.exe, then dclick it to start.
Update it now.
Select "Perform QUICK Scan", then click Scan; the application will guide you through the remaining steps.
ENSURE that EVERYTHING found has a CHECKMARK against it, then click Remove Selected.
If malware has been found [and removed] MBAM will automatically produce a log for you... do not click the Save Logfile button.
When it completes examine the log: if some files are listed as Delete on Reboot then restart your machine before continuing.
Post the Notepad log [it is also saved under Logs tab in MBAM].
Now make a fresh hijackthis log, post that also.

Actually, smart thinking by cohen on the bed thing, time I went too.

Lol, yeah, i'm normally in bed and off the forum by at least 10:30 Aust Time.

:)

Cohen

Hey guys no luck with the Malware program, I changed the name and the shortcut is on my desktop but when I click it, it just shows the arrow and hour glass then back to normal like nothing happened. Here is a recent hijack though, I deleted all the files you asked from above except C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe:ext.exe I could only find C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe so all the others were deleted.
Scan saved at 9:30:45 PM, on 12/8/2008
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16735)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\RMSysTry.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\9972322\Program\Updates from HP.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Widgets\YahooWidgetEngine.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Sprint Instinct Applications\MEMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\RMSvc.exe
c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ALCXMNTR.EXE
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mambo.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q405&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop&parm1=seconduser
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q405&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop&parm1=seconduser
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hsd63geff.dll - {C5AF42A3-94F3-42BD-F434-3604832C897D} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hsd63geff.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD08] "c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\{33D6CC28-9F75-4d1b-A11D-98895B3A3729}\hphupd08.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPBootOp] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe" /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UserFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -u
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware] C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe /install /silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: Yahoo! Widget Engine.lnk = C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Widgets\YahooWidgetEngine.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Extender Resource Monitor.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\ehome\RMSysTry.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Updates from HP.lnk = C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\9972322\Program\Updates from HP.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O16 - DPF: {0CCA191D-13A6-4E29-B746-314DEE697D83} (Facebook Photo Uploader 5) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/FacebookPhotoUploader5.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {34F12AFD-E9B5-492A-85D2-40FA4535BE83} (AxProdInfoCtl Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/activedata/nprdtinf.cab
O16 - DPF: {3DCEC959-378A-4922-AD7E-FD5C925D927F} (Disney Online Games ActiveX Control) - http://disney.go.com/pirates/online/testActiveX/built/signed/DisneyOnlineGames.cab
O16 - DPF: {406B5949-7190-4245-91A9-30A17DE16AD0} (Snapfish Activia) - http://photos.walmart.com/WalmartActivia.cab
O16 - DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} (MySpace Uploader Control) - http://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1006.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w2/resources/MSNPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1178776720578
O16 - DPF: {6A344D34-5231-452A-8A57-D064AC9B7862} (Symantec Download Manager) - https://webdl.symantec.com/activex/symdlmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1178776707859
O16 - DPF: {8A94C905-FF9D-43B6-8708-F0F22D22B1CB} (Wwlaunch Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/shared/wwlaunch.cab
O16 - DPF: {CF969D51-F764-4FBF-9E90-475248601C8A} (FamilyFeud Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v47/familyfeud/familyfeud.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: gsgehtaw - gsgehtaw.dll (file missing)
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: mcb7uehuj3n8weuhejsw - {C5BF49A2-94F3-42BD-F434-3604812C897D} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\jsdf8j3dgf.dll (file missing)
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: lke3iemrl490kgfgdsfd - {C5AF42A3-94F3-42BD-F434-3604832C897D} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hsd63geff.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: FCI - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe:ext.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service Ex (LiveUpdate Notice Ex) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

--
End of file - 11812 bytes

Is there anything else I should try, seeing as I can't seem to get the program to work to delete my malware?

OK, try this

Please download ComboFix by sUBs from HERE or HERE

• You must download it to and run it from your Desktop
  • Physically disconnect from the internet.
  • Now STOP all your monitoring programs (Antivirus/Antispyware, Guards and Shields) as they could easily interfere with ComboFix.
  • Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • When finished, it will produce a log. Please save that log to post in your next reply along with a fresh HJT log

Note:
Do not mouse-click combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.

CF disconnects your machine from the internet. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If CF runs into difficulty and terminates prematurely, the connection can be manually restored by restarting your machine.

Then see if MBA-M will work.

Thanks,

Cohen :)

Please ignore this thread due to the fact of my careless

commented: Stupid Comment +0

I have widows XP and this all started Friday
1. Every web page won't display pictures, instead of showing the little red x in the upper left corner for pictures it has a picture of a red square, green cirlce and blue triangle, very small in the upper left corner, for every picture. So I go into internet options and under advance click on "show pictures" under multimedia and click apply. that works for a while but when I turn the computer on (this morning) it reset back to blank pictures for websites again.
2. I tried going back the Thursday when I knew my computer was fine and I get to the restore point that I want and click next for the computer to continue and nothing happens....at all, it is like clicking it does nothing, so I can not restore my system now
3 and last every search link I click on takes me to some fake or another search engine of what I searched for in the first place. for instance, I search for something and I find a real link but it takes me to another fake site with results of whatever I searched for in the first place, not the link I clicked on. This forum is the only forum I can actually use while my computer is messed up. I can type in some websites directly to my address bar, while others take me again to a fake search engine site of whatever I type into my address bar. Can someone help me see what is wrong with my computer, I have Hijack This already dowloaded on my computer, let me know the first step in fixing this computer I have. Many thnaks.

go to internet options again and also ensure 'use SSL 3.0' is checked and 'use SSL 2.0' is also checked then click apply and OK.
If problem persist,
I dont know what platform your machine is running on but first try to repair your web browser using its appropriate installation set-up.If it doesnt work try repairing your system files using the Install.

I dont know what platform your machine is running

Give you one guess :D

I have widows XP

I will try what linet said tonight. I also tried dl combofix however, both those links gave me a "internet explorere could not display page" error. So I tried going to another web page and same thing. I thought my internet must be out, I unplugged it and tried again, same thing, can not get to the page to dl combofix. So I restart my computer and now anyweb page I go to gives me the same error. I turned off my computer and will turn it on tonight seeing if that will work. I know it isn't my connection as I can go online with my internet connection with my game system and play online. This is not good huh? I am at work to respond to this but I don't know what I am going to do if I can't get on the internet to fix my dang computer. Another problem is, I do't have the install disk, Best Buy set up my computer and I don't remember getting an install disk to re-install it all again. I can check through all my disk, but I looked through before and didn't find any. Again I will try what Linet posted to see if that helps any, but is there anything else that I may be able to do to get my webpages working again to begin to fix my computer?

At work and online? Then grab a flashdrive and dl Combofix into it from http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe
.....or : http://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe
Change the filename combofix.exe to mycfix.exe, and copy it to your DESKTOP..... It does not need to update, and does not want the web connected...:
-IMPORTANT! : disconnect from the web, turn off your Antivirus, Antispyware and Firewall for the duration of this scan. Don't forget to reset them before you go back on the web!
- to run it dclick the Combofix.exe icon and follow the prompts to start it. When finished, it will produce a log, C:\Combofix.txt - post that log in your next reply.
A word of caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs reboot to restore the desktop.

Spyder, this will remove the ADS ext.exe from C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe:ext.exe
ext.exe is an ADS [alternate data stream] attached to C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe, and you need a special tool to remove it.
Get this tool, ADS Spy from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/adsspy.php - you will need to dl the file , extract ADSSpy.exe and then copy that into your sys [via that flashdrive].
Simply dclick it to start it,
-select Scan only this Folder,
-type into the box C:\Windows [or browse to it via the .. box]
-press Scan the sys...
If it appears, check C:\windows\svchost.exe... and then Remove Selected Items.

oh my gosh, I can finally get on. I ended up downloading combofix but not before I talked to my internet provider who blocked access for my internet was being used in Russia for illegal entertainment. Anyway I got them to re-instate that and he told me I had a virus on my computer (yeah no kidding). I got combo fix and got the log and deleted all checked items, ran hijack and here are the 2 logs, should I still (or do I need to) delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe:ext.exe? Anyway, you tell me what you think as you have helped me a great deal so far, is my computer clean? Combo log first, followed by hijack this.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.31
Database version: 1456
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

12/9/2008 11:55:29 PM
mbam-log-2008-12-09 (23-55-29).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 202153
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 11 minute(s), 11 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 21
Registry Values Infected: 2
Registry Data Items Infected: 1
Folders Infected: 2
Files Infected: 22

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\gsgehtaw.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\gsgehtaw (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{c5bf49a2-94f3-42bd-f434-3604812c897d} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{c5af42a3-94f3-42bd-f434-3604832c897d} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{c5bf49a2-94f3-42bd-f434-3604812c897d} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{c5af42a3-94f3-42bd-f434-3604832c897d} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{c5af42a3-94f3-42bd-f434-3604832c897d} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\ati4ovxx (Rootkit.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\ati4ovxx (Rootkit.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet004\Services\ati4ovxx (Rootkit.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ati4ovxx (Rootkit.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\icheck (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\tdssdata (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\tdss (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\restore (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VnrBlock (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\fci (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\fci (Rootkit.ADS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet004\Services\fci (Rootkit.ADS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\icf (Rootkit.ADS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet004\Services\icf (Rootkit.ADS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\icf (Rootkit.ADS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler\{c5bf49a2-94f3-42bd-f434-3604812c897d} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler\{c5af42a3-94f3-42bd-f434-3604832c897d} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoFolderOptions (Hijack.FolderOptions) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\VnrBlock (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\iCheck (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\gsgehtaw.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\Desktopicon\eBayShortcuts.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSarxx.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSnpur.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSoitu.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSvoqm.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\TDSSpxwe.sys (Trojan.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ati4ovxx.sys (Rootkit.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\temp\arcD.tmp (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\temp\BN3.tmp (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\temp\BN31.tmp (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\temp\BN33.tmp (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\temp\BN35.tmp (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\temp\BN4.tmp (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\temp\fdqC.tmp (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\temp\BN30.tmp (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\VnrBlock\xtarga.gz (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\iCheck\Uninstall.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe:ext.exe (Rootkit.ADS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\temp\BN1.tmp (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSdxcp.dll (Rootkit.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSkkao.log (Trojan.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.

Scan saved at 12:00:54 AM, on 12/10/2008
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16762)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\RMSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\RMSysTry.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\9972322\Program\Updates from HP.exe
C:\Program Files\Sprint Instinct Applications\MEMonitor.exe
c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe

--
End of file - 10749 bytes

also after doing all that my links work in google and my internet is good and the pictures show up but I just want to make sure you guys don't see anything else. Thanks.

Those two tools have done a superb job. You had a pretty comprehensive infection there. MBAM took out the ADS file attached to svchost.exe, so no action by you is required there.
May I see the Combofix log, please? This is important.
Your hijack this log shows as clean, but you should go to the Symantec website and identify and download the tool to remove the specific Symantec AV protection you once had. There are parts of it still running. A simple Remove instruction in Add/Remove Pgms does not suffice.

oops that was the Mbam log not the combo log, I will have to get post that. I will do that next, thanks Gerbil.

Sorry guys here is my combo log as promised.

ComboFix 08-12-09.03 - HP_Administrator 2008-12-10 17:45:54.3 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.477 [GMT -8:00]
Running from: c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
* Created a new restore point

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

c:\program files\ppcbooster
c:\program files\ppcbooster\ppcbu_32.exe
c:\windows\aceddd.ini
c:\windows\aybdfe.ini
c:\windows\ayxbcf.ini
c:\windows\befehk.ini
c:\windows\dfiijl.ini
c:\windows\efgfii.ini
c:\windows\IE4 Error Log.txt
c:\windows\klmmoq.ini
c:\windows\knprru.ini
c:\windows\mmonoq.ini
c:\windows\mpqsut.ini
c:\windows\mpsvut.ini
c:\windows\nohh06760.exe
c:\windows\nqrrru.ini
c:\windows\ooopqr.ini
c:\windows\oqttvw.ini
c:\windows\psrtvw.ini
c:\windows\qppsut.ini
c:\windows\sruwyb.ini
c:\windows\ssuxay.ini
c:\windows\system32\drivers\ati4ovxx.sys
c:\windows\system32\TDSSmtpe.dat
c:\windows\temp\2163190978.exe
c:\windows\temp\2322645882.exe
c:\windows\temp\2434520882.exe
c:\windows\temp\3191457710.exe
c:\windows\temp\3318448964.exe
c:\windows\temp\3879942432.exe
c:\windows\temp\509212072.exe
c:\windows\temp\556450418.exe
c:\windows\temp\559480952.exe
c:\windows\temp\589560834.exe
c:\windows\temp\603238178.exe
c:\windows\temp\97751242.exe
c:\windows\utvycf.ini
c:\windows\uuvxbc.ini
c:\windows\xxwvyb.ini

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Drivers/Services )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-------\Legacy_ATI4OVXX
-------\Legacy_FCI
-------\Legacy_ICF
-------\Legacy_RESTORE
-------\Legacy_TDSSSERV.SYS
-------\Service_ati4ovxx
-------\Service_TDSSserv.sys

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2008-11-11 to 2008-12-11 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2008-12-09 22:33 . 2008-12-09 22:33 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2008-12-08 21:56 . 2008-12-09 23:55 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\Mambo
2008-12-08 21:56 . 2008-12-03 19:52 38,496 --a------ c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
2008-12-08 21:56 . 2008-12-03 19:52 15,504 --a------ c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2008-12-08 09:15 . 2008-12-08 09:15 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\Unlocker
2008-12-08 09:15 . 2008-12-09 23:55 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\Desktopicon
2008-12-07 22:06 . 2008-12-07 22:06 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2008-12-06 23:53 . 2008-12-07 16:09 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\p2pmax
2008-12-06 23:53 . 2008-12-06 23:53 53,942 --a------ c:\windows\system32\cont_adsoftinc-remove.exe
2008-12-06 23:53 . 2008-12-06 23:53 52,736 --a------ C:\srelqu.exe
2008-12-06 23:53 . 2008-12-06 23:53 47,581 --a------ c:\windows\system32\ibtuaivlrurj.exe
2008-12-06 23:53 . 2008-12-06 23:53 2 --a------ C:\-723922735
2008-12-06 23:39 . 2008-12-06 23:39 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared
2008-12-02 08:39 . 2008-12-02 08:39 679,424 --a------ c:\windows\system32\nsf57.dll
2008-11-29 16:29 . 2008-11-29 16:29 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\Sierra On-Line
2008-11-29 16:28 . 2008-11-29 16:31 375 --a------ c:\windows\SIERRA.INI
2008-11-29 16:25 . 2008-11-29 16:26 <DIR> d-------- c:\windows\YDKJ2
2008-11-29 15:20 . 1995-09-11 15:18 30,048 --a------ c:\windows\UNWISE.EXE
2008-11-22 15:26 . 2008-11-22 15:26 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\Snapfish
2008-11-20 21:01 . 2008-12-07 17:17 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2008-11-20 21:00 . 2008-11-20 21:00 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\SpywareBlaster
2008-11-19 23:18 . 2008-11-10 05:43 410,984 --a------ c:\windows\system32\deploytk.dll
2008-11-19 23:18 . 2008-11-10 03:39 73,728 --a------ c:\windows\system32\javacpl.cpl
2008-11-15 23:18 . 2008-11-15 23:18 127 --a------ c:\windows\system32\MRT.INI
2008-11-15 18:14 . 2008-10-24 03:21 455,296 --------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\mrxsmb.sys
2008-11-15 18:13 . 2008-09-04 09:15 1,106,944 --------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\msxml3.dll
2008-11-14 19:56 . 2008-11-14 19:56 <DIR> d-------- C:\rsit
2008-11-13 22:26 . 2008-11-14 19:56 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\Trend Micro
2008-11-13 22:17 . 2008-12-07 17:17 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2008-11-12 22:51 . 2001-08-17 14:56 66,048 --a------ c:\windows\system32\dllcache\s3legacy.dll

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2008-12-10 06:37 --------- d-----w c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\LimeWire
2008-12-10 03:44 --------- d-----w c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\U3
2008-12-08 01:48 --------- d---a-w c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP
2008-12-07 08:02 --------- d--h--w c:\program files\InstallShield Installation Information
2008-12-06 18:32 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Java
2008-12-06 09:10 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Sprint Instinct Applications
2008-12-06 08:27 --------- d--h--w c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\Move Networks
2008-11-09 07:46 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Oberon Media
2008-11-01 07:07 --------- d-----w c:\program files\LimeWire
2008-10-24 11:21 455,296 ----a-w c:\windows\system32\drivers\mrxsmb.sys
2008-10-16 18:31 --------- d-----w c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft
2008-10-16 18:29 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Lavasoft
2008-10-16 18:29 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
2008-10-12 06:10 --------- d-----w c:\program files\iTunes
2008-10-12 06:10 --------- d-----w c:\program files\iPod
2008-10-12 06:10 --------- d-----w c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\{3276BE95_AF08_429F_A64F_CA64CB79BCF6}
2008-09-28 21:56 90,112 ----a-w c:\windows\DUMP61b7.tmp
2008-08-23 05:06 50,288 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT
2007-10-03 16:29 28,556,584 ----a-w c:\program files\avg75free_488a1138.exe
2007-10-03 16:28 19,755,376 ----a-w c:\program files\aaw2007.exe
2007-10-03 16:01 16,892,616 ----a-w c:\program files\setupeng.exe
2007-07-22 16:05 305,152 ----a-w c:\program files\windiag.iso
2007-06-20 16:23 21,736,784 ----a-w c:\program files\DivXInstaller.exe
2007-06-11 00:41 167 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\4267.bat
2007-06-11 00:41 167 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\3796.bat
2007-05-24 16:51 167 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\1339.bat
2007-05-23 23:36 882 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\x.dat
2007-05-23 23:36 73 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\n.bat
2007-05-23 23:36 167 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\4199.bat
2006-10-22 04:01 681,459,594 ----a-w c:\program files\Postal2STP.exe
2006-07-26 02:17 10,765,549 ----a-w c:\program files\RoadRunnerMedic.exe
2005-11-09 16:37 11,590,784 ----a-w c:\program files\DivXPlay.exe

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"WMPNSCFG"="c:\program files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe" [2006-10-18 204288]
"swg"="c:\program files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe" [2007-06-26 68856]
"MySpaceIM"="c:\program files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe" [2007-12-18 8720384]
"MSMSGS"="c:\program files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" [2008-04-13 1695232]
"ctfmon.exe"="c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2008-04-13 15360]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Symantec PIF AlertEng"="c:\program files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" [2007-03-12 517768]
"TkBellExe"="c:\program files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" [2005-08-17 180269]
"QuickTime Task"="c:\program files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2008-09-06 413696]
"KBD"="c:\hp\KBD\KBD.EXE" [2005-02-02 61440]
"iTunesHelper"="c:\program files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" [2008-10-01 289576]
"HPHUPD08"="c:\program files\HP\Digital Imaging\{33D6CC28-9F75-4d1b-A11D-98895B3A3729}\hphupd08.exe" [2005-06-01 49152]
"HPBootOp"="c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe" [2005-02-25 245760]
"HP Software Update"="c:\program files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe" [2007-05-08 54840]
"ehTray"="c:\windows\ehome\ehtray.exe" [2005-08-05 64512]
"AppleSyncNotifier"="c:\program files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe" [2008-09-03 111936]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="c:\program files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe" [2008-11-10 136600]

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Sprint media monitor.lnk - c:\windows\RM.exe [2008-09-11 222552]
Yahoo! Widget Engine.lnk - c:\program files\Yahoo!\Widgets\YahooWidgetEngine.exe [2007-07-20 2913584]

c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk - c:\program files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe [2006-02-13 113664]
Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk - c:\program files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe [2008-04-23 29696]
Extender Resource Monitor.lnk - c:\windows\ehome\RMSysTry.exe [2005-10-20 18432]
HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk - c:\program files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe [2005-05-12 282624]
Microsoft Office.lnk - c:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE [2001-02-13 83360]
Updates from HP.lnk - c:\program files\Updates from HP\9972322\Program\Updates from HP.exe [2005-08-17 36903]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\drivers32]
"msacm.ac3filter"= ac3filter.acm

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\avast!]
--a------ 2008-07-19 06:38 78008 c:\progra~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center]
"AntiVirusDisableNotify"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring]
"DisableMonitoring"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\SymantecAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\SymantecFirewall]

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqtra08.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqste08.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpofxm08.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hposfx08.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hposid01.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqscnvw.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqkygrp.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqCopy.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpfccopy.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpzwiz01.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\Unload\\HpqPhUnl.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\Unload\\HpqDIA.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpoews01.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Updates from HP\\9972322\\Program\\Updates from HP.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"=
"c:\\WINDOWS\\ehome\\ehshell.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Photoshop CS\\ImageReady.exe"=
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"=
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Bonjour\\mDNSResponder.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\LimeWire\\LimeWire.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\MySpace\\IM\\MySpaceIM.exe"=

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\GloballyOpenPorts\List]
"3390:TCP"= 3390:TCP:Remote Media Center Experiance
"3776:UDP"= 3776:UDP:Media Center Extender Service
"5555:TCP"= 5555:TCP:Media Streaming
"7777:UDP"= 7777:UDP:Network Validation
"6346:TCP"= 6346:TCP:Shareaza

R1 aswSP;avast! Self Protection;c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswSP.sys [2008-04-09 78416]
R2 aswFsBlk;aswFsBlk;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\aswFsBlk.sys [2008-04-09 20560]
S3 Rdpwmulrswi;Rdpwmulrswi;c:\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe [2004-08-04 2145280]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\svchost]
QWAVE REG_MULTI_SZ QWAVE

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{317d459e-b381-11dc-92f4-0013d34d727a}]
\Shell\AutoRun\command - K:\LaunchU3.exe -a

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{317d459f-b381-11dc-92f4-0013d34d727a}]
\Shell\AutoRun\command - L:\setupSNK.exe
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder

2008-11-30 c:\windows\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job
- c:\program files\Apple Software Update\SoftwareUpdate.exe [2008-07-30 11:34]

2008-12-10 c:\windows\Tasks\User_Feed_Synchronization-{D6317C1C-77A8-4665-AB6F-96E3238614B0}.job
- c:\windows\system32\msfeedssync.exe [2006-10-17 10:58]

catchme 0.3.1367 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-12-10 17:52:59
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

--------------------- DLLs Loaded Under Running Processes ---------------------

- - - - - - - > 'winlogon.exe'(568)
c:\windows\system32\Ati2evxx.dll
------------------------ Other Running Processes ------------------------
c:\windows\system32\ati2evxx.exe
c:\program files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
c:\program files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
c:\program files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
c:\program files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AluSchedulerSvc.exe
c:\program files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
c:\windows\ehome\ehrecvr.exe
c:\windows\ehome\ehSched.exe
c:\program files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
c:\windows\ehome\RMSvc.exe
c:\program files\Real\RealPlayer\realplay.exe
c:\windows\ehome\McrdSvc.exe
c:\program files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
c:\program files\Sprint Instinct Applications\MEMonitor.exe
c:\program files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
c:\windows\system32\dllhost.exe
c:\windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
c:\program files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
c:\program files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
c:\program files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqste08.exe
Completion time: 2008-12-10 17:58:29 - machine was rebooted
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2008-12-11 01:57:46
ComboFix2.txt 2008-11-17 00:05:01

Pre-Run: 159,712,026,624 bytes free
Post-Run: 159,688,118,272 bytes free

266 --- E O F --- 2008-12-10 03:24:23

Ah. See? It was worth running Combofix also, wasn't it?
I take it that you ran random's sys info tool?
Is this associated with your iPod? c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\{3276BE95_AF08_429F_A64F_CA64CB79BCF6}
Right...
==Again please disconnect from the web, turn off your Antivirus, Antispyware and Firewall for the duration of this scan:
Copy the text in the box to a notepad [format/wordwrap unchecked] and save as CFScript.txt to where you saved Combofix -that is, to your desktop.

Killall::

File::
c:\windows\system32\cont_adsoftinc-remove.exe
C:\srelqu.exe
c:\windows\system32\ibtuaivlrurj.exe
C:\-723922735
c:\windows\system32\nsf57.dll
c:\windows\system32\dllcache\s3legacy.dll
c:\windows\DUMP61b7.tmp

Good. Now drag the CFScript.txt icon onto the Combofix icon on your desktop. Combofix will start, let it run, if your firewall prompts then allow all; post the log.
Then get rid of the Symantec stuff.

took care of that symantic stuff first, had an old 2004 norton AV installed that I thought was gone, the website took care of it for me. Did what you asked and here is the log.
That one file you asked me about 3276BE95_AF08_429F_A64F_CA64CB79BCF6, I do have an iPod, but when I search for this file I open it and get another file called x86, in that is instal program of difxinstal32 and a few files GEARapsiWDM, and gearaspiwdmx86 security catolog I can view. I have no idea what these may be for, but I left them alone. Any ideas? Anywho, here is my brand new log for ya.
ComboFix 08-12-09.03 - HP_Administrator 2008-12-10 22:54:52.4 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.408 [GMT -8:00]
Running from: c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
Command switches used :: c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\CFScript.txt
* Created a new restore point

FILE ::

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2008-11-11 to 2008-12-11 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2008-12-10 22:38 . 2008-12-10 22:38 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\NortonInstaller
2008-12-09 22:33 . 2008-12-09 22:33 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2008-12-08 21:56 . 2008-12-09 23:55 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\Mambo
2008-12-08 21:56 . 2008-12-03 19:52 38,496 --a------ c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
2008-12-08 21:56 . 2008-12-03 19:52 15,504 --a------ c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2008-12-08 09:15 . 2008-12-08 09:15 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\Unlocker
2008-12-08 09:15 . 2008-12-09 23:55 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\Desktopicon
2008-12-07 22:06 . 2008-12-07 22:06 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2008-12-06 23:53 . 2008-12-07 16:09 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\p2pmax
2008-12-06 23:39 . 2008-12-06 23:39 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared
2008-11-29 16:29 . 2008-11-29 16:29 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\Sierra On-Line
2008-11-29 16:28 . 2008-11-29 16:31 375 --a------ c:\windows\SIERRA.INI
2008-11-29 16:25 . 2008-11-29 16:26 <DIR> d-------- c:\windows\YDKJ2
2008-11-29 15:20 . 1995-09-11 15:18 30,048 --a------ c:\windows\UNWISE.EXE
2008-11-22 15:26 . 2008-11-22 15:26 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\Snapfish
2008-11-20 21:01 . 2008-12-07 17:17 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2008-11-20 21:00 . 2008-11-20 21:00 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\SpywareBlaster
2008-11-19 23:18 . 2008-11-10 05:43 410,984 --a------ c:\windows\system32\deploytk.dll
2008-11-19 23:18 . 2008-11-10 03:39 73,728 --a------ c:\windows\system32\javacpl.cpl
2008-11-15 23:18 . 2008-11-15 23:18 127 --a------ c:\windows\system32\MRT.INI
2008-11-15 18:14 . 2008-10-24 03:21 455,296 --------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\mrxsmb.sys
2008-11-15 18:13 . 2008-09-04 09:15 1,106,944 --------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\msxml3.dll
2008-11-14 19:56 . 2008-11-14 19:56 <DIR> d-------- C:\rsit
2008-11-13 22:26 . 2008-11-14 19:56 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\Trend Micro
2008-11-13 22:17 . 2008-12-07 17:17 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\Spybot - Search & Destroy

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2008-12-11 06:40 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
2008-12-10 06:37 --------- d-----w c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\LimeWire
2008-12-10 03:44 --------- d-----w c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\U3
2008-12-08 01:48 --------- d---a-w c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP
2008-12-07 08:02 --------- d--h--w c:\program files\InstallShield Installation Information
2008-12-06 18:32 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Java
2008-12-06 09:10 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Sprint Instinct Applications
2008-12-06 08:27 --------- d--h--w c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\Move Networks
2008-11-09 07:46 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Oberon Media
2008-11-01 07:07 --------- d-----w c:\program files\LimeWire
2008-10-24 11:21 455,296 ----a-w c:\windows\system32\drivers\mrxsmb.sys
2008-10-16 18:31 --------- d-----w c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft
2008-10-16 18:29 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Lavasoft
2008-10-16 18:29 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
2008-10-12 06:10 --------- d-----w c:\program files\iTunes
2008-10-12 06:10 --------- d-----w c:\program files\iPod
2008-10-12 06:10 --------- d-----w c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\{3276BE95_AF08_429F_A64F_CA64CB79BCF6}
2008-08-23 05:06 50,288 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT
2007-10-03 16:29 28,556,584 ----a-w c:\program files\avg75free_488a1138.exe
2007-10-03 16:28 19,755,376 ----a-w c:\program files\aaw2007.exe
2007-10-03 16:01 16,892,616 ----a-w c:\program files\setupeng.exe
2007-07-22 16:05 305,152 ----a-w c:\program files\windiag.iso
2007-06-20 16:23 21,736,784 ----a-w c:\program files\DivXInstaller.exe
2007-06-11 00:41 167 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\4267.bat
2007-06-11 00:41 167 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\3796.bat
2007-05-24 16:51 167 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\1339.bat
2007-05-23 23:36 882 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\x.dat
2007-05-23 23:36 73 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\n.bat
2007-05-23 23:36 167 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\4199.bat
2006-10-22 04:01 681,459,594 ----a-w c:\program files\Postal2STP.exe
2006-07-26 02:17 10,765,549 ----a-w c:\program files\RoadRunnerMedic.exe
2005-11-09 16:37 11,590,784 ----a-w c:\program files\DivXPlay.exe

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( snapshot@2008-12-10_17.57.08.07 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
+ 2008-12-11 06:57:58 16,384 ----atw c:\windows\temp\Perflib_Perfdata_528.dat
+ 2008-12-11 06:58:14 16,384 ----atw c:\windows\temp\Perflib_Perfdata_740.dat
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"WMPNSCFG"="c:\program files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe" [2006-10-18 204288]
"swg"="c:\program files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe" [2007-06-26 68856]
"MSMSGS"="c:\program files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" [2008-04-13 1695232]
"ctfmon.exe"="c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2008-04-13 15360]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"TkBellExe"="c:\program files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" [2005-08-17 180269]
"QuickTime Task"="c:\program files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2008-09-06 413696]
"KBD"="c:\hp\KBD\KBD.EXE" [2005-02-02 61440]
"iTunesHelper"="c:\program files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" [2008-10-01 289576]
"HPHUPD08"="c:\program files\HP\Digital Imaging\{33D6CC28-9F75-4d1b-A11D-98895B3A3729}\hphupd08.exe" [2005-06-01 49152]
"HPBootOp"="c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe" [2005-02-25 245760]
"HP Software Update"="c:\program files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe" [2007-05-08 54840]
"ehTray"="c:\windows\ehome\ehtray.exe" [2005-08-05 64512]
"AppleSyncNotifier"="c:\program files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe" [2008-09-03 111936]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="c:\program files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe" [2008-11-10 136600]

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

c:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Sprint media monitor.lnk - c:\windows\RM.exe [2008-09-11 222552]
Yahoo! Widget Engine.lnk - c:\program files\Yahoo!\Widgets\YahooWidgetEngine.exe [2007-07-20 2913584]

c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk - c:\program files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe [2006-02-13 113664]
Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk - c:\program files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe [2008-04-23 29696]
Extender Resource Monitor.lnk - c:\windows\ehome\RMSysTry.exe [2005-10-20 18432]
HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk - c:\program files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe [2005-05-12 282624]
Microsoft Office.lnk - c:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE [2001-02-13 83360]
Updates from HP.lnk - c:\program files\Updates from HP\9972322\Program\Updates from HP.exe [2005-08-17 36903]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\drivers32]
"msacm.ac3filter"= ac3filter.acm

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\avast!]
--a------ 2008-07-19 06:38 78008 c:\progra~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center]
"AntiVirusDisableNotify"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\SymantecAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\SymantecFirewall]

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqtra08.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqste08.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpofxm08.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hposfx08.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hposid01.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqscnvw.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqkygrp.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqCopy.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpfccopy.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpzwiz01.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\Unload\\HpqPhUnl.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\Unload\\HpqDIA.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpoews01.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Updates from HP\\9972322\\Program\\Updates from HP.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"=
"c:\\WINDOWS\\ehome\\ehshell.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Photoshop CS\\ImageReady.exe"=
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"=
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Bonjour\\mDNSResponder.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\LimeWire\\LimeWire.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\MySpace\\IM\\MySpaceIM.exe"=

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\GloballyOpenPorts\List]
"3390:TCP"= 3390:TCP:Remote Media Center Experiance
"3776:UDP"= 3776:UDP:Media Center Extender Service
"5555:TCP"= 5555:TCP:Media Streaming
"7777:UDP"= 7777:UDP:Network Validation
"6346:TCP"= 6346:TCP:Shareaza

R1 aswSP;avast! Self Protection;c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswSP.sys [2008-04-09 78416]
R2 aswFsBlk;aswFsBlk;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\aswFsBlk.sys [2008-04-09 20560]
S3 Rdpwmulrswi;Rdpwmulrswi;c:\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe [2004-08-04 2145280]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\svchost]
QWAVE REG_MULTI_SZ QWAVE

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{317d459e-b381-11dc-92f4-0013d34d727a}]
\Shell\AutoRun\command - K:\LaunchU3.exe -a

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{317d459f-b381-11dc-92f4-0013d34d727a}]
\Shell\AutoRun\command - L:\setupSNK.exe
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder

2008-11-30 c:\windows\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job
- c:\program files\Apple Software Update\SoftwareUpdate.exe [2008-07-30 11:34]

2008-12-11 c:\windows\Tasks\User_Feed_Synchronization-{D6317C1C-77A8-4665-AB6F-96E3238614B0}.job
- c:\windows\system32\msfeedssync.exe [2006-10-17 10:58]

catchme 0.3.1367 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-12-10 22:58:05
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

--------------------- DLLs Loaded Under Running Processes ---------------------

- - - - - - - > 'winlogon.exe'(564)
c:\windows\system32\Ati2evxx.dll
------------------------ Other Running Processes ------------------------
c:\program files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
c:\program files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
c:\program files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
c:\program files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
c:\windows\ehome\ehrecvr.exe
c:\windows\ehome\ehSched.exe
c:\program files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
c:\windows\ehome\RMSvc.exe
c:\windows\ehome\McrdSvc.exe
c:\program files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
c:\program files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
c:\program files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
c:\windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
c:\windows\system32\dllhost.exe
c:\program files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
c:\program files\Sprint Instinct Applications\MEMonitor.exe
c:\program files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqste08.exe
Completion time: 2008-12-10 23:03:53 - machine was rebooted
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2008-12-11 07:03:20
ComboFix2.txt 2008-12-11 01:58:31
ComboFix3.txt 2008-11-17 00:05:01

Pre-Run: 159,867,019,264 bytes free
Post-Run: 159,873,249,280 bytes free

232 --- E O F --- 2008-12-10 03:24:23

Ah. See? It was worth running Combofix also, wasn't it?

Not just once, but 3 times :icon_rolleyes:

:), so he did.... should have worn all the rough bits off it, then.
GEAR is what I was hoping you would find in that file, spyder. It is a set of drivers that interface iTunes with your cd burner.
That all looks good. Go Start, Run and type or paste in :
combofix /u
-this will remove combofix and its quarantine.
Orright, get out there and play again, but in a less muddy spot, okay? That was quite a collection of rootkit gear.

WOW thanks guys, can't belive I am all done, thanks to all who put their time and effort into helping me. Yes I will play much more carefully from now on, and I locked my router so only I can use it and not the whole world.

WOW thanks guys, can't belive I am all done, thanks to all who put their time and effort into helping me. Yes I will play much more carefully from now on, and I locked my router so only I can use it and not the whole world.

That's Good,

Just a tip, regularly run MBA-M, like weekly, and make sure you update it each time before scanning.

If you have any future problems, create a new thread with a HJT log, and then we can continue to help you, again.

Cohen

P.S. - Solved Thread

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.