Sorry outright if I have posted in the wrong forum. My laptop has turned against me in the last few weeks. Ex of errors I get on a daily basis:
1. Windows internet expolorer out of memory at line 2 (sometimes 26)
2) microsoft visual ctt runtime library, runtime error (multiple sources/programs)
3) mchost.exe - application error, exception unknown, software exception
4) script error, program shutting down

I have done everything from loosen mcafee security (as it was constantly scanning every time I used IE) to compressing all old files as well as deleting programs. Even then, for example, after deframating and compressing enough files to take 2 hours, I tried to confirm my registration on this site and having 2 open browsers caused my computer to just shut down. I cannot have another window open without the whole system closing. Either I get a million error messages that cannot be closed without another opening causing my system to crash, or, more frequently, all of the sudden my programs just close and I'm staring at my desktop w/no explaination of why that just happened (for the 4-8 time that day).

I had a feeling my source of issues was with mcafee but they completely icnore my issues and just use the default solution of uninstalling/reinstalling their programs...from past experience, that is never the solution that works

Any help would be appreciated. I know I have oversteped the rules with my post but I am so overwhelmed at this point that I don't even know where the problem really is

Thanks!!!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Sorry outright if I have posted in the wrong forum. My laptop has turned against me in the last few weeks. Ex of errors I get on a daily basis:
1. Windows internet expolorer out of memory at line 2 (sometimes 26)
2) microsoft visual ctt runtime library, runtime error (multiple sources/programs)
3) mchost.exe - application error, exception unknown, software exception
4) script error, program shutting down

I have done everything from loosen mcafee security (as it was constantly scanning every time I used IE) to compressing all old files as well as deleting programs. Even then, for example, after deframating and compressing enough files to take 2 hours, I tried to confirm my registration on this site and having 2 open browsers caused my computer to just shut down. I cannot have another window open without the whole system closing. Either I get a million error messages that cannot be closed without another opening causing my system to crash, or, more frequently, all of the sudden my programs just close and I'm staring at my desktop w/no explaination of why that just happened (for the 4-8 time that day).

I had a feeling my source of issues was with mcafee but they completely icnore my issues and just use the default solution of uninstalling/reinstalling their programs...from past experience, that is never the solution that works

Any help would be appreciated. I know I have oversteped the rules with my post but I am so overwhelmed at this point that I don't even know where the problem really is

Thanks!!!

Sounds like a nasty virus. Try booting in safe mode and see what happens. Mabe you cold do a System Restore and then have an antivirus scan you pc. Good luck.

This is off-topic in a C++ forum.

However, I'll take pity and offer suggestions. No guarantees though .....

1) Check if you have a hardware problem: for example a loose memory module, a loose connector, a card that's loose in its slot. Loose bits of hardware can cause all sorts of strange and intermittent symptoms: rebooting without notice, blue screens of death under windows, strange application errors. You might also have a device nearing its end of useful life (eg a dying hard drive).

2) You may have also have screwed up your windows installation (solution: backup all data you care for, and then reformat your hard drive and reinstall your operating system and applications from scratch).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.