I have a Dell INspiron 1525 Laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium SP1. I have McAfee antivirus installed.
Windows keeps on showing a notification that check your antivirus status (no antivirus has been installed). Not only the antivirus but also the McAfee firewall is not working.
Meanwhile, I tried running McAfee and it opens and scans with no problem.
Can Anyone tell me why windows is showing such a message.
What can I Do rectify it?
Thank You.

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Suspishio

There are two ways of curing this that I know of - although my experience with this is XP not Vista.

1/
On one PC, I had a similar/same message. This turned out to be a registry problem which could only be solved by a restore point (which I didn't trust) or using the Windows CD to update the Windows already installed. Then it returned to a state of grace. I have no idea what caused this glitch. The AV program (not McAfee remained usable).

2/
On the other PC, I lost some functionality with McAfee messages to that effect. I forced a McAfee update and the orblem went away.

Let us know.

Follow all the steps given HERE, with the exception of Deckard Scanner instructions. That program is no longer available.
Substiture instead a full system scan with HiJackThis.
Post back here with all requested logs. DO allow all programs run to clean or remove all items found.

Thank You!
system restore worked for me.....restored to a point before some Windows update .... Now its as good as before...
Thanks!

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.