Hi to my great family at Daniweb !
I have a HP Compaq nx9010 laptop with Windows XP on it.
It was loaded down with viruses, trogans etc...
I downloaded Malwarebytes and installed it.
I began using it and after a while, the battery died. Now, I only get briefly BLUE SCREENED with the message.... UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
I can't go back to the LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION, can't get into Safe Mode, or any of the choices given. It just keeps rebooting after the BSOD. I went into the BIOS and reset everything back to defaults. I tried booting from the hard drive first, the cd rom first and that didn't help either . HELP. I can't find the reinstallation disc either. I took out the hard drive and put it back in to make sure it was in there good. I went to the Microsoft web page about this and that didn't help me much.
Do any of you all have any suggestions on how to get this laptop to boot ?
Any and all help will be GREATLY appreciated !!

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Tumbleweedracef

I have ordered an Installation CD from HP, Compaq and I should recieve it by Tuesday. When I get it, I will run the "repair" console and I will let ya know how it came out. I don't have a "boot cd". I have a program called Winternals ERD Commander 2005, which advertises that it can fix boot problems. I couldn't figure that program out so I will have to wait for the Installation CD.

hey there .

i have repaired windows with this error a few times .

the problem can b easily solved by just booting from that xp recovery console which a user has posted above ,
then press R when setup loads to go to commandline recovery console, select ur windows installation by 1 . then give admin password .

then type fixboot

press y when it ll prompt u ,
then it ll say something like a new bootsector has been written on c drive .

type exit , press enter . it SHOULD boot u this time to ur desktop...

I just got the discs in today. One Operating System CD disc and one driver recovery disc. I will try the above suggestion when I get off work tonight at about 12 midnight. Thanks for all your replies !!!

I tried twice to install UBCD4WIN. Niether time did it install right. I went http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/download.htm
and I selected "CD IMAGE", made a bootup disc and that fixed the hard drive. Once I got the hard drive fixed I was able to clean it and update it. I want to thank everyone who gave advice !!!! I really appreciate you all !!!

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.