Hello, my friend's laptop got a very evil virus on it recently. I have scanned it with trend micro internet security multiple times as well as with SpyBot, but it won't die. This virus makes tons of popups appear while browsing. They're mostly ads for antivirus programs and other things. It makes his laptop as slow as death. It takes like ten minutes to boot Windows (Media center edition sp3). He has 2 gb of ddr2 ram and a dual core at 2.4 ghz so I know that's not the problem. Also, when booted into safe mode, it will try to shut down (I just aborted it with "shutdown -a"). When scanning with Trend Micro, it will usually just blue screen. The HijackThis log is attached.

Hello,

After a quick look at your hijack this log, i seen a few items that need to be taken care of...

First thing to do is to download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware @ http://malwarebytes.org/

Once installed, do a full update (It does daily updates) and then run a full scan and delete everything that the scan finds. Once completed, see how everything is and post another hijack this log.

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.