Member Avatar for nickyt8

i have been using norton anti virus for a while now however i have noticed that it doesnt find and remove all viruses on my computer. could anyone direct me in the way of the best freeware virus removal tools?

THANX

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

i have been using norton anti virus for a while now however i have noticed that it doesnt find and remove all viruses on my computer. could anyone direct me in the way of the best freeware virus removal tools?

THANX

Make sure you are updating Nortons ,it should find ALL.mine does ,i got more trojans/viruses on this machine using Free one than i did with Nortons.
Have you noticed that all free virus removal tool have a version one up in version # that you pay for .makes me wonder whats missing in the free version!

From what I have noticed it's usually a matter of having more options and settings in the paid for versions.

Agree, options to block more !and settings to protect/scan deeper into the OS!
Just my opinion !:)

Hello,

I think it is more important to defend yourself from infection, instead of detecting it.

Eliminate Microsoft Outlook, IE Explorer, and Macros, and you have a good solid start on defense. Run behind a firewall that prevents network intrusion and port compromises. Keep up your patches for all of your operating systems.

I run with Eudora for email, and Firefox / Safari for web work. Open Office for word processing and spreadsheets. Any common viruses that hit my Linux box or Macintosh fall harmlessly aside.

I am liking more and more about AVG, and also work with AdAware for the one Windows box in the house.

I have found cases where Norton took a good week to get ahold of a virus that was running around work here.

Christian

Hello,

I think it is more important to defend yourself from infection, instead of detecting it.

Eliminate Microsoft Outlook, IE Explorer, and Macros, and you have a good solid start on defense. Run behind a firewall that prevents network intrusion and port compromises. Keep up your patches for all of your operating systems.

I run with Eudora for email, and Firefox / Safari for web work. Open Office for word processing and spreadsheets. Any common viruses that hit my Linux box or Macintosh fall harmlessly aside.

I am liking more and more about AVG, and also work with AdAware for the one Windows box in the house.

I have found cases where Norton took a good week to get ahold of a virus that was running around work here.

Christian

Well said!!

And for defense, I would also like to add SpywareBlaster and SpywareGaurd.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.