I have 2 to 3 iexplore.exe processes running all the time I'm on internet explorer. One usually stays at around 20,000, another over 100,000, and another if it comes up at around 60,000. And the fan on my computer starts being really loud. My children and I like to play farm town on facebook and now some of the applications aren't working now. Does these processes have something to do with it, and, am I suppose to have 2 to 3 iexplore.exe processes running at a time. What's wrong with just one?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

depends on what Windows build and what version of IE. Have Win7 and IE8 and yes have seen 2-3 iexplore.exe's running. Has to do with the way IE keeps each windows separate from other instances (for security and stability), as well as feeding internet-process separate from other IE instances/processes. The advantage over other browsers (such as Firefox, my own main browser) is that if IE is running to hot, closing an unneeded windows will immediately free up memory and resources.

If your fan starts going into over-drive with the multiple processes run by IE, I would seriously suggest you need to look at upgrading your hardware, but without knowing either your PC model or your OS build, cannot even begin to advise what your best options are.

Now am confused where you say "some of the applications aren't working now". Are you referring to Farm Town apps/tools (and yes am familiar with Farm Town - Wife and half her family are addicts!!), or that locally installed apps are not working?

farm town worked great until a few days ago and then it started taking longer to load, instead of plowing a field it would delete, and now I just get a green screen but no game. It's a bummer. I told my cousing to go onto my farmtown to harvest and she got on just fine. Has to be my machine. I have a dell I recently bought reconditioned off of my local computer store when my old one died.

You could also be infected so, Download HijackThis Executable from here. Save it to your desktop.
Start HJT & press the "Do a system scan and save a log file" button. When the scan is finished a window will pop up giving you the option of where to save it. Save it to desktop where it is easy to access. Open the log file and then go to the format Tab and make sure that wordwrap is unchecked. Copy the entire contents of the file & paste it into the body of your post. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET. Most of what is there is necessary for the running of your system.

Also, have you checked you have the latest FlashPlayer installed, as from memory FarmTown is no longer fully compatible with FlashPlayer v9

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.