My browser security settings are preventing me from running web applications containing ActiveX. I looked on Microsoft's website and it said that the if the "Sites" button is not available in the Trusted Sites zone that I should contact my system administrator. Can any of you help?

I scanned my computer for viruses and it turned up about 39 trojans and viruses. Not sure if all of them are completly wipped from my system.

Here's my HijackThis Log (Note: Grisoft is my ant-virus software):

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:52:09 PM, on 3/26/2005
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINNT\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

well not much in you log .
So have you gone into ie /tools /internet options / security /trusted sites/sites and put the url to the sites in question in .

the sites button under / tools / internet options / security /trusted sites/sites is disabled. But I figure people in this forum would know how I could fix the problem.

Looks like it the problem that I had with the webpages healed itself.
Now I'm having problems viewing web content in my folders. It gives an error message saying: "Your current web settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display properly."

So I have to switch to classic folder mode.

Can anybody help?

the sites button under / tools / internet options / security /trusted sites/sites is disabled. But I figure people in this forum would know how I could fix the problem.

Looks like it the problem that I had with the webpages healed itself.
Now I'm having problems viewing web content in my folders. It gives an error message saying: "Your current web settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display properly."

So I have to switch to classic folder mode.

Can anybody help?

Hi ,because they suggest check with you admin,i will assume its because one of you security programs has activex blocked /greyed out .you just need to figure out what one .!Also your log is strangely small what did it look like at first scan before you fixed things with it .

Edit: i just found this REGEDIT fix
have you tried Firefox ,its fast becoming the browser of choice .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.