:?: Can anyone tell me what these files are and how to eradicate them:

MWMKyh.exe flagged by Zone Alarm as trying to access the internet

Adware.memwatcher.100 Trojan Guard flagged this.

BTW, I have continously run Spybot, Adaware, CWShredder, Trojan Hunter..

I keep getting alerts for Spyware popping up automatically on my desktop. Also, the Trojan Guard box freezes up when I attempt to clean the Adware file that is supposedly logded in my memory.

I appreciate any help.

:confused:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

First off, the best spyware detector I've found is a beta version microsoft put out.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

I have only been using it for about 2 weeks, but it seems to do a good job.

I had to reformat because viruses overran my computer... I think the day i did reformat i had 46 different ones. There was like 2,000 infected files or something.

One way you might be able to get rid of some of the problems is to goto

start - run - type in msconfig - goto startup tab - see if there are any of those files you mentioned, especially the trojan, and disable them... then maybe you can run some antivirus or at least keep some spyware off your computer...

I had to do that myself yesterday, I had 5 files I stopped on the startup.

Hope that helps, good luck, reformating can suck if you have to do that.

Yes, this forum can really help you!

Download HijackThis selfextracting zip version from here. Once downloaded, double click on the file & it will install into it's own, permanent folder.
Start HJT & press the "Do a system scan and save a log file" button. When the scan is finished a window will pop up giving you the option of where to save it. Save it to desktop where it is easy to access. Open the log file and copy the entire contents of the file & paste it into the body of your post. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET. Most of what is there is necessary for the running of your system.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.