Hiiii,
I recently got caught with some virus and trojans through my usb drive resulting which i first installed and used Avira anti vi but that turned out be a burden...
now i have downloaded and installed kaspersky internet security 2010...
i also downloaded a list of key files made for this....
but now i cannot find any option in kaspersky internet security to load this key file...
currently i have activated trial version license only...

please help me out on how do i install or use these key files ....
Also, my task manager is disabled and i get error message when i press ctrl+alt+del that task manager is disabled by administrator....
i hv checked all options but i m sure its coz of some virus only..please help me out

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Can you tell me first, what the burden was you experienced with Avira, it is probably the least "burdensome" of most of the anti-virus programs today. You are the first one I have heard say it was a burden.
Now, as far as the Kaspersky program, check THIS LINK for info.

As far as your other problems with Task Manager, you are probably correct that this is the result of one of the infections you had or have on the computer. I cannot give steps to correct this because I don't know the infections or what programs you used to remove them

Can you tell me first, what the burden was you experienced with Avira, it is probably the least "burdensome" of most of the anti-virus programs today. You are the first one I have heard say it was a burden.
Now, as far as the Kaspersky program, check THIS LINK for info.

As far as your other problems with Task Manager, you are probably correct that this is the result of one of the infections you had or have on the computer. I cannot give steps to correct this because I don't know the infections or what programs you used to remove them

at first avira worked quite impressively but then as soon as my pc started..avira begins giving me warnings that a file may contain code of virus ..and keeps doin this almost infinitely...at first i thought i might be havin a virus..but it want so...hence..i decided to uninstall and get rid of it....

regarding ur link...thanks for it..i l check it and let u know...
thanks a ton

at first avira worked quite impressively but then as soon as my pc started..avira begins giving me warnings that a file may contain code of virus ..and keeps doin this almost infinitely...at first i thought i might be havin a virus..but it want so...hence..i decided to uninstall and get rid of it....

regarding ur link...thanks for it..i l check it and let u know...
thanks a ton

How did you determine that you did not have a virus? Avira gave the warning because of specific markers in that file which indicated a virus. When you get a warning like this that is the reason. Yes, it could have been a false postive and that could have been determined by updating the Avira program, doing a full scan. If the file was still flagged as an infection but you didn't believe it then it is always recommended to do some online scans to determine if this is correct or not. If it IS found to be a false positive then all you had to do was tell Avira to ignore the file and you would not be given the warning again. But users should do further searching before deciding on their own that the anti-virus program is wrong. All GOOD anti-virus programs a designed to work this way. No matter WHAT anti-virus program you install you very likely get warnings like this for questionable files. That is why you should use an anti-virus program.

WELL ALL IS PAST DEAR...PRESENTLY I WANNA THANK YOU FIRST COS UR LINK PROVED ITSELF....I M ABLE TO INSTALL MY KEY FILE.........
THANKS AGAIN........AND NOW A WORD ABOUT WHAT HAPPND IN PAST.....

i understand that it might be a virus file...but the warnings i got were..."this file MAY contain code for win32.sality virus".......even after i scanned and removed....on next reboot it prompted me agai as if it was in an infinite loop....
i also tried select igore option..but it seemed avira was sending me this warning for alomost every file in my pc.....

WELL...AVIRA IS NOW OUT OF MY COMP..if not coz of its fault...then may be coz of its notofications system....
kaspersky is in.....thaks for that

This thread can be closed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.