Help I get message window saying windows corrupted by spyware need patch private info accessed by ports 8080 and 3128 and I don't have clue what to do could use some HELP!!!!!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Those are symptons of one the known "nasties" going around lately. I'm moving this to our security forum now, as that is where we deal with such issues.

To begin with, please do the following:

Download the (free) HijackThis utility:

Once downloaded, follow these instructions to install and run the program:

Create a folder outside of any Temp/Temporary folders for HJT and move it there. A folder such such as C:\HijackThis or C:\Spyware Tools\HijackThis will do.

Run HijackThis, but do not have HJT fix anything yet; only have it scan your system! Once the scan is complete, the "Scan" button will turn into an option to "Save log...". Save the log in the folder you created for HiajckThis, open the log in Windows Notepad, and cut-n-paste the entire contents of the log here.

The log contents will tell us a lot about what "nasties" have crept into your system, and once we analyse the log we can tell you what to do from there.

Those are symptons of one the known "nasties" going around lately. I'm moving this to our security forum now, as that is where we deal with such issues.

To begin with, please do the following:

Download the (free) HijackThis utility:

Once downloaded, follow these instructions to install and run the program:

Create a folder outside of any Temp/Temporary folders for HJT and move it there. A folder such such as C:\HijackThis or C:\Spyware Tools\HijackThis will do.

Run HijackThis, but do not have HJT fix anything yet; only have it scan your system! Once the scan is complete, the "Scan" button will turn into an option to "Save log...". Save the log in the folder you created for HiajckThis, open the log in Windows Notepad, and cut-n-paste the entire contents of the log here.

The log contents will tell us a lot about what "nasties" have crept into your system, and once we analyse the log we can tell you what to do from there.

Have downloaded Hijack This but when I tried to open it I got another message window saying "Error Starting Program a required .DLL file,MSVBVM60.DLL was not found." any suggestions on how to find it Thanks JIM

Hi numptyheid, welcome to DaniWeb :D

You may have gotten an incomplete download; try it again either from the the link DMR gave you, or from from here (line 2):
http://www.malwareremoval.com/downloads.html

Then close any open browser windows, 'Scan and Save Log' with hijackthis, copy the log, and paste it here in this thread.

You can also do this either before or after you post you HJT log:

Get the Pocket Killbox from here:
http://bleepingcomputer.com/files/spyware/KillBox.zip

Unzip the file to your desktop.

Go offline until this is completed (you may wish to print these instructions).

Boot into Safe Mode and do a search for these files and delete any instances found:

param32.dll
guninst.exe
popup_bl.dll
systr.dll
svrhost.exe

If any could not be deleted, (most likely param32.dll), run Pocket Killbox and paste the full file path of file in the box and click on Delete on Reboot. Click on the button with the red circle and an X in the middle; you will get a message saying File will be deleted on next reboot, Process and Reboot now?, Click Yes to reboot. (Note: the 'file path' will be something like C:\WINDOWS\System32\param32.dll)

Have downloaded Hijack This but when I tried to open it I got another message window saying "Error Starting Program a required .DLL file,MSVBVM60.DLL was not found." any suggestions on how to find it Thanks JIM

HijackThis requires the Visual Basic 6 runtime libraries; the error meassage is indicating that you don't have that version of the VB libraries installed on your system. You can download them here.

Hi maynd,

First of all- welcome to TechTalk! :)

We ask that members not tag their questions on to a thread previously started by another member (regardless of how similar your problem might seem). Not only does it divert the focus of the thread away from the original poster's problem, but it also makes it less likely that you yourself will get the individual attention that you need.

In light of that, I've split your post here into its own separate thread, which you can find here:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/showthread.php?t=24477

Being a new member, you might want to have a read of our forum guidelines to acquaint yourself with our site's general policies and procedures:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/faq.php?faq=daniweb_faq#faq_rules

Thanks for understanding.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.