Hi All,
I posted a thread in another forum, and was referred to this thread hoping someone here can be of help...
Does anyone have any clue about this innocuous looking dialog appearing every morning 8am?

In fact, if I switch on the system first time anytime after 8 am as well, then after 5-10 minutes of logging in, the same dialog comes up, only once and asks to restart in 5 minutes. :(

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi, I looked at your other thread and one thing you said makes me curious:

am not able to make out any suspicious task which might be running that causes this regular restart.

You know it wouldn't HAVE to be a suspicious task, it could be something legal. But we have no idea what ANY of the programs are that you have looked at, checked, etc. just WHERE you have checked according to the other thread:

Registry (Windows Run keys), msconfig, services, scheduled tasks, etc.

It would certainly help us help you if we knew, by name, exactly what you found in all those places.

Download DDS by sUBs and save it to your Desktop.

• If your AV has a script blocker, please disable it
• DoubleClick on dds.scr to run the tool

* A command box will open, displaying added information for your reading pleasure while DDS completes its scan.
* Upon completion, a Dialog Box should open instructing you to save and post the TWO resulting logs (DDS.txt & Attach.txt).

• Copy&Paste the DDS.txt into your post for assistance.
• Please post Attach.txt as an attachment to your post - there is no need to Zip it. If you don’t know how to post an attachment, please Copy&Paste it along with the DDS.txt scanlog.

Hello,
If it is built-in application, then have a look in the Windows event logs for any events occured at that time. Then google for the eventID and descriptions on the net. This should give you an idea what could have created the request for reboot. Or just let it reboot and then browse the event logs.

Look on sites like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GORgjn7kOBc
For how to access the event manager and browse it.

Also when the reboot message appears, then have a look in the task manager, for the list of applications. Often it is still listed there as not responding.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.