pbowman 0 Newbie Poster

Hello,

On Thursday after my kids had used the computer, I found Internet Security 2010, I downloaded Malwarebytes and cleaned it and all was well. 24 hours later, its back, except now its called something else, I cleaned it and now 24 hours later its back again, called personal guard 2009 now.

Now I can't I can't do anything, no task manager, no safe mode, can't open any files or anything to gather information, my desktop is blank. What else can I do, besides putting in my repair disk and reformatting.

Whenever I try to open something, download or anything, it says "xxx file is infected with lass.xxxx. It is sending your credit carts (yep it says carts) information, activate our product to stop this. Nothing works, besides reformatting is there anything I can do.

on a side note, is there anyway to report these programs, for the people that buys it, there has to be a money trail or something.

Thank you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.