the other day i think i got this virus,
it starts with the window security center popping up telling me i have virus infecting my computer and wont let me open any file on desktop.

did some research and and it is just like what describe on this site http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/viru...tispyware-2010

tried running the antimalware and it finished doing it but but found no infected files

plse help me

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

What happens when you open the file

a little window pops up and tell me that the file is infected and that should buy or upgrade my antivirus or something and redirects to internet page

a little window pops up and tell me that the file is infected and that should buy or upgrade my antivirus or something and redirects to internet page

Please go to READ FIRST sticky at TOP of Forum page and perform requested operations then post back requested information. Thank you.

One of the first things a virus does is to disable measures you take to remove it, sometimes even corrupting the very anti-virus program itself.
My first suggestion is to download Microsoft Security Essentials for free and run a full scan of your hard drive(s). The last trojan I removed for a client also wiped out the restore points, Windows Update, and other tools so I went to the TechNet downloads page of Microsoft for the download and it quickly found other instances of the virus that were not yet activated.

the other day i think i got this virus,
it starts with the window security center popping up telling me i have virus infecting my computer and wont let me open any file on desktop.

did some research and and it is just like what describe on this site http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/viru...tispyware-2010

tried running the antimalware and it finished doing it but but found no infected files

plse help me

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.