Just to expand on what SubSkip has posted.
Download Bootkit Remover to your Desktop.
- You then need to extract the remover.exe file from the RAR using a program capable of extracting RAR compressed files. If you don't have an extraction program, you can use 7-Zip: http://www.7-zip.org/
- After extracting remover.exe to your Desktop, double-click on remover.exe to run the program (Vista/7 users,right click on remover.exe and click Run As Administrator.
- It will show a Black screen with some data on it.
- Right click on the screen and click Select All.
- Press CTRL+C
- Open a Notepad and press CTRL+V
- Post the output back here.
I am having the same problem and I have followed your directions in downloading and running program mentioned above. The following is the output from Bootkit Remover:
\\.\C: -> \\.\PhysicalDrive0
Size Device Name MBR Status
74 GB \\.\PhysicalDrive0 Unknown boot code
Unknown boot code has been found on some of your physical disks.
To inspect the boot code manually, dump the master boot sector:
remover.exe dump <device_name> [output_file]
To disinfect the master boot sector, use the following command:
remover.exe fix <device_name>
Press any key to quit...
What is my next move? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.