After successfully removing this virus, when I boot up my computer I get a message: Can't Load ADMDLL.DLL, Can't load library.

Is this related to the virus and how do I get rid off it?

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by swatkat

Hi,
Open NotePad and copy the contents of the below "Quote" box:-

regedit /e test1.txt "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"
regedit /e test2.txt "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce"
regedit /e test3.txt "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices"
regedit /e test4.txt "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"
regedit /e test5.txt "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Runonce"
regedit /e test6.txt "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices"
copy test1.txt + test2.txt + test3.txt + test4.txt + test5.txt + test6.txt = Info.txt
del test1.txt
del test2.txt
del test3.txt
del test4.txt
del test5.txt
del test6.txt

Then go to File Menu > Save As and type the filename as runlist.BAT and save it. Exit from NotePad.
Double-click on the runlist.bat file, a DOS type window should open and close immediately. After this, there would be a file called Info.txt in the same location where the batch file is present. Open this Info.txt file and post its contents here.

upload what file?

Sorry about that, I must have somehow got your thread mixed up with another one. :o

Hi,
Open NotePad and copy the contents of the below "Quote" box:-

Then go to File Menu > Save As and type the filename as runlist.BAT and save it. Exit from NotePad.
Double-click on the runlist.bat file, a DOS type window should open and close immediately. After this, there would be a file called Info.txt in the same location where the batch file is present. Open this Info.txt file and post its contents here.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Apoint"="C:\\Program Files\\Apoint\\Apoint.exe"
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="C:\\Program Files\\Java\\j2re1.4.2_03\\bin\\jusched.exe"
"IntelWireless"="C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\Wireless\\Bin\\ifrmewrk.exe /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless"
"ATIPTA"="C:\\Program Files\\ATI Technologies\\ATI Control Panel\\atiptaxx.exe"
"PCMService"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Dell\\Media Experience\\PCMService.exe\""
"DVDLauncher"="\"C:\\Program Files\\CyberLink\\PowerDVD\\DVDLauncher.exe\""
"MMTray"="C:\\Program Files\\Musicmatch\\Musicmatch Jukebox\\mm_tray.exe"
"mmtask"="C:\\Program Files\\Musicmatch\\Musicmatch Jukebox\\mmtask.exe"
"RealTray"="C:\\Program Files\\Real\\RealPlayer\\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER"
"QuickTime Task"="\"C:\\Program Files\\QuickTime\\qttask.exe\" -atboottime"
"ISUSPM Startup"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\COMMON~1\\INSTAL~1\\UPDATE~1\\ISUSPM.exe -startup"
"ISUSScheduler"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\InstallShield\\UpdateService\\issch.exe\" -start"
"vptray"="C:\\Program Files\\NavNT\\vptray.exe"
"gcasServ"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft AntiSpyware\\gcasServ.exe\""
"GoToMyPC"="C:\\Program Files\\Citrix\\GoToMyPC\\g2svc.exe -logon"
"MSConfig"="C:\\WINDOWS\\PCHealth\\HelpCtr\\Binaries\\MSConfig.exe /auto"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MAPI]
"NoChange"="1"
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MSFS]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"DellSupport"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Dell Support\\DSAgnt.exe\" /startup"
"MSMSGS"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe\" /background"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Runonce]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices]

Hi,
Go to Start > Run and type regsvr32 /u ADMDLL.DLL and press ENTER. Reboot the Sytsem and check whether you recieve the error or not, and post back the results.
(Note that there is a SPACE after regsvr32 and /)

Hi,
Go to Start > Run and type regsvr32 /u ADMDLL.DLL and press ENTER. Reboot the Sytsem and check whether you recieve the error or not, and post back the results.
(Note that there is a SPACE after regsvr32 and /)

After trying to run this, I get:
Loadlibrary ("ADMDLL.DLL") failed. The specific module could not be found

I rebooted and the same error came up again.

Hi,
Download RegCleaner and install it. Run it, go to Tools Menu > Registry CleanUp > Do them all. This starts the Registry cleaning. When the scan is complete, select all the junk entry it may find and click "Remove Selected".

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.