Can someone pls help me out...
I tried running Ad-aware, Spybot S&D, Spy Sweeper, even MS antispyware, but to no avail... :sad:
The IE home page still changes back to the damn searchingall.com...
Not just that, everytime I open a new webpage, that damn thing automatically creates whole lot of internet shortcuts on my desktop, and the quicklink bar, taking random keywords from the website opened. :(

Can someone point me to a way to permanently remove this bugger WITHOUT formatting and reinstalling the system... :confused:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi,
Download Ewido and install it. Then run, you will receive a warning message saying "Database not found", click "OK" for this. Next in the main screen, click "Update" and click "Start Update".
After the update process, click on the "Scanner" button in the left menu, then click on the "Complete System Scan" button.
If ewido finds anything, it will pop up a notification. You can select "Clean" and check the boxes "Perform action with all infections" and "Create encrypted backup" before clicking on OK.
When the scan finishes, click on "Save Report". This will create a text file.

Download HijackThis and unzip it to dedicated folder (like C:\HijackThisFolder\hijackthis.exe).
Then run it and click the button Do a System scan and save log file. HijackThis will perform a scan and saves the log file as hijackthis.log in the same folder where it is installed and it also opens the file automatically.
Copy the entire contents of the file and post it here, along with the Ewido log.

Hello Swatcat,
Thanks a lot for your advice. I really appreciate it.
Well, in the meanwhile, after I logged this msg here, I just happenned to stumble upon another page here.
:cool:
The tool used there is Pocket Killbox version 2.0.0.175 , and it actually worked like charm...
After 2 restarts, my machine is finally free of that bugger hijacker...

But anyway, thanks again for your kind gesture, Swatcat! :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.