I found this on my computer and can't seem to get rid of it, or find any thing about it. What do you think?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Doesn't look good; locate the file, right-click on it, select Properties, and post whatever info you can get on it (Company, version, etc.)

Well I found it in C:\windows\system32\jiorzm.exe. No other info available. I tried to delete it. It just keeps rewriting itself. Micro soft anti soft ware caught it and I have it blocked from start up.I still can't get rid of it.

Get the Pocket Killbox from here:
http://bleepingcomputer.com/files/spyware/KillBox.zip

Unzip the file to your desktop.

Go offline until this is completed (you may wish to print these instructions).

Boot into Safe Mode and do a search for jiorzm.exe and delete any instances found.

If any could not be deleted, run Pocket Killbox and paste the full file path in the box and click on Delete on Reboot. Click on the button with the red circle and an X in the middle; you will get a message saying File will be deleted on next reboot, Process and Reboot now?, Click Yes to reboot. (Note: the 'file path' will be something like C:\windows\system32\jiorzm.exe or C\windows\prefetch\jiorzm.exe)

Reboot (normally), empty your Recycle Bin and search for the file again to make sure it's gone.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I ran killbox but could not find it any place. I think it is gone. Thanks for your help.

Glad to hear it; thanks for letting us know.

This thread is now closed. If you need it reopened, please send a PM to one of our Mods.

Include the link to the thread and detail why you need it reopened.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.