Of late I keep seeing new Firefox windows opening and trying to reach sites for clicksor.com and epoclick.com

I do NOT have (not ever) a Clicksor account and have scanned for malware, etc.

Any recommendations for removing whatever is causing this?

jholland1964 commented: Forum rules must be followed by all posters -2

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

I already told the OP to do that when he hijacked/resurrected another thread. Fingers crossed that you get your requests followed Judy :).

:$ Didn't notice the "hijacked thread" until after I posted here.

Huh? Who hijacked what? I posted onto an existing topic that was still active and was later told that the topic was closed and to start a new thread.

As for downloading any "cleaners" recommended in the links above, I would prefer to manually remove whatever is needed rather than install unknown executables.

If anyone is familiar with the unwanted and uninvited redirections Clicksor and Google ad sewers, I would like to hear.

commented: Totally unco-operative. Pity the members who take time out of their lives to assist him. -4

Huh? Who hijacked what? I posted onto an existing topic that was still active and was later told that the topic was closed and to start a new thread.

As for downloading any "cleaners" recommended in the links above, I would prefer to manually remove whatever is needed rather than install unknown executables.

If anyone is familiar with the unwanted and uninvited redirections Clicksor and Google ad sewers, I would like to hear.

And you broke Daniweb rules by doing so:

Do not hijack old threads by posting a new question as a reply to an old one

==

You need to follow the directions the same as everyone else.

Read me before posting a request for assistance

rather than install unknown executables. You are kidding aren't you? These are all well known, well respected, top of the line tools we use here. You will find the very same tools requested on virtually every reliable, respected malware removal forum on the web.
I have no idea on how to give manual instructions on the removal of this malware there would be multiple registry edits and renaming of files required doing it manually. The use of automated tools would guarantee the removal of these, manual removal isn't going to be 100% effective.
Since you don't want to use "unknown executables" then I am afraid you need to ask elsewhere for the list of manual registry edits. I don't have them all.

every reliable, respected malware removal forum recommends installing removal tools instead of providing manual remove instructions because they are simply promoting those tools, and not providing a solution at all. In fact so far none of them has provided a solution at all.

Whereas the real malware defenders do publish manual removal instructions as well as providing a tool, and this is what I am looking for, or alternatively (as I said)... advice from someone with real experience.

every reliable, respected malware removal forum recommends installing removal tools instead of providing manual remove instructions because they are simply promoting those tools, and not providing a solution at all. In fact so far none of them has provided a solution at all.

And what do they get out of it? The tools we use are FREE!

or alternatively (as I said)... advice from someone with real experience.

Check mine and Judy's post counts and decide for yourself if we have the necessary experience to assist you.
Read the sticky and follow the instructions there. There are NO psychic malware helpers that I know of. Logs are required so that it can be understood what entries there are that need removing.
Different infections give different file names and registry entries. The names are changed randomly, meaning that NO-ONE can know what the file names are without seeing them.
You point me to a site that can remove every trace of malware from a pc without looking at a single log and I will eat my words.
Anyway, your PC, you got it infected, your problem, not mine. Follow the instructions and I/we will try and help, but we are not going to give any direction without first looking at some logs. If not, I will close this thread. May even pin you for spamming the forum with useless posts in order to promote your signature.

Hmmm... I posted a notice for help from persons that may have experienced the same problem. And now I am being threatened by someone who seems to think that a high post count is anything more than a compulsion to stick 2 cents worth wherever possible?

And yes, 11,000 posts in only 6 years is much more than the nuisances on forums that I have moderated have posted... about 3 times more.

Hmmm... I posted a notice for help from persons that may have experienced the same problem. And now I am being threatened by someone who seems to think that a high post count is anything more than a compulsion to stick 2 cents worth wherever possible?

You were asked several times to follow the procedures that are set down in order that we may (volunteer our own personal time to) help you. You have so far refused to do so. Who is the nuisance?
Last chance. Are you going to follow the procedure that all other members adhere to?
Here is some more help just in case; LMGTFY

And you have been told several times that I am looking for manual remove instructions. I have used Google and have also tried search on 2 real search engines, but all I can find is recommendations to install exe files that more than likely will NOT remove the problem.

If you have no personal experience with this problem, why are you posting at all?

And you have been told several times that I am looking for manual remove instructions. I have used Google and have also tried search on 2 real search engines, but all I can find is recommendations to install exe files that more than likely will NOT remove the problem.

If you have no personal experience with this problem, why are you posting at all?

And YOU have been told 4 times the rules here. We use TOOLS here to remove infectionswe do NOT do manual removals. You can say it until your computer crashes and we will tell you the same thing;
In order for the few volunteers who offer a bit of their free time and expertise in this forum to assist you in a timely manner, please adhere to our rules and complete the following steps before posting a request for help:
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread134865.html

It is interesting to note that as I return to this forum that I get a new browser window opening in the background. Do you have a removal tool for that?

It is interesting to note that as I return to this forum that I get a new browser window opening in the background. Do you have a removal tool for that?

All the correct tools are found, as you have been told previously on this link;
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread134865.html

Due to a total lack of co-operation from the OP, I am closing this thread.
If you begin another thread on the same topic, be sure to follow the guidelines as set out in the sticky thread (that we have linked to several times), otherwise the thread will be deleted.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.