Hey. I'm trying to delete a file that's entitled sshook.dll and for some reason it just won't.
I had been trying to uninstall Trend Micro Anti-spyware program, and this is the only file that won't delete.
any help?

(i don't have hijack this nor will i dl it as this isn't my computer...hence my deleting this program >_>;)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

sshook.dll may still be being loaded by the system. If so, you will not be able to delete the file, because it is in use.

Try deleting the file when booted into Safe Mode.

thanks much. will indeed do. :D

Give it a try. If the dll is loading even in Safe Mode, you may still not be able to delete it. If that's the case, try the following:

* Click on the "Run..." option under your Start menu, type "cmd" (omit the quotes) into the resulting "Open:" box, and hit enter.

* In the DOS box that opens, type the following command, and then hit Enter:

regsvr32 /u full path of filename

For example, if sshook.dll lives in your C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Tmas folder, the full command would be:

regsvr32 /u C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Tmas\sshook.dll

See if you can then delete the file (you might need to reboot before attempting the deletion.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.