hey guys, im so pissed off this stupid, junk, ever wonder why they make viruses? ok watever....well my problem is that i downloaded msn ce dp stealer 4.0. after that i lost internet connection, i ran spybot, adaware and avg antivirus. i figured out that it was new dot net that was blocking my internet connection, they had an uninstaller in program files but thats not the way i delelted it, i deleted it by ad aware and spybot......now i think i permanently lost internet connection, plz help me! o yea if ur wodnering im using my sisters comp. :sad:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi,
Which is the Operating System?
If it is Windows XP Service Pack 2, then you can try this. Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt. Here, at the command prompt, type netsh winsock reset and press Enter key. After this, reboot the PC and check with the Internet connectivity.

If its Windows XP (without Service Pack 2) or Windows 2000, then download WinsockXPFix. Run it and click "Reg Backup" to backup the Registry. After this click "Fix". Once it completes its process, reboot the PC and check the Internet connection.

If you are using Windows 98 or ME, then download Winscok2Fix and follow the onscreen instructions and finally reboot the PC.

You have to use any other PC to download these tools!

omg!!! omg omg omg!! ur the freakign best!! ahhhhh!!! im so thankful, daniweb is the best tech community there is! they always fidn a way to help me! thank u so much swatkat, i dunno how to thank you!

Hi,
Glad we could help you :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.