Hi,

Could anybody guide me how to interpret a l2mfix log. It seems all Greek to me. There is a guide for hijackthis on the net but none for l2mfix.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I've never seen a guide/tutorial for l2mfix, and I think that developing such a beast would be rather difficult. I once asked our member crunchie about interpreting l2mfix logs, and his answer was basically along the lines of "you just know what's suspicious".

In other words, picking the "likely suspects" out of the log relies a lot on intuition and experience, familiarity with the attibutes of the malicious files (telltale names, sizes, creation dates, etc.), and familiarity with the mechanisms of the infection itself. The fact that the names of many of the malicious files identified by l2mfix are random (and can even "morph" at each reboot) means that there can't really be a definitive list of the "nasties" that the utility may find.

Cheeee,

I guess I'll have to pore thru a few l2mfix logs at this site, until I make something out of it. :rolleyes:

Sam.

Cheeee,

I guess I'll have to pore thru a few l2mfix logs at this site, until I make something out of it.

Yeah- that's pretty much the way to do it. You'll get the hang of it after a bit...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.