Hi,
I'm having some problems with cachecachekit. I've formatted my pc 4 times, but the norton window keeps alerting that the virus is still in my pc. How can I finally kill it???

Please, help me. I use win xp sp1

Thank you very much indeed.

Here is my logfile from hijackthis:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 02:36:10, on 28/11/2005
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Arquivos de programas\Arquivos comuns\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Arquivos de programas\Arquivos comuns\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Arquivos de programas\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Arquivos de programas\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Arquivos de programas\Arquivos comuns\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\pctspk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Arquivos de programas\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Arquivos de programas\Oi Internet\DiscaOi.exe
C:\Arquivos de programas\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\ARQUIV~1\DAP\DAP.EXE
C:\Arquivos de programas\Outlook Express\msimn.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Márcio\Configurações locais\Temp\Diretório temporário 1 para hijackthis_1.zip\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = &http://home.microsoft.com/intl/br/access/allinone.asp
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.oi.com.br/
O2 - BHO: DAPHelper Class - {0000CC75-ACF3-4cac-A0A9-DD3868E06852} - C:\Arquivos de programas\DAP\DAPBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Arquivos de programas\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Arquivos de programas\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Rádio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: DAP Bar - {62999427-33FC-4baf-9C9C-BCE6BD127F08} - C:\Arquivos de programas\DAP\DAPIEBar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Arquivos de programas\Arquivos comuns\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCTVOICE] pctspk.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Arquivos de programas\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Norton SystemWorks] C:\Arquivos de programas\Arquivos comuns\Symantec Shared\CfgWiz.exe /GUID {DA9935BA-22F7-44ee-BD12-BD8B87700BEA}
O4 - Global Startup: Discador Oi Internet.lnk = C:\Arquivos de programas\Oi Internet\DiscaOi.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with &DAP - C:\ARQUIV~1\DAP\dapextie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download &all with DAP - C:\ARQUIV~1\DAP\dapextie2.htm
O9 - Extra button: Run DAP - {669695BC-A811-4A9D-8CDF-BA8C795F261C} - C:\ARQUIV~1\DAP\DAP.EXE
O14 - IERESET.INF: SEARCH_PAGE_URL=&http://home.microsoft.com/intl/br/access/allinone.asp
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/...bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/active...free/asinst.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{A2141690-7EE2-4202-840B-A83A46002865}: NameServer = 200.202.193.75 200.222.0.34
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\ARQUIV~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Arquivos de programas\Arquivos comuns\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Arquivos de programas\Arquivos comuns\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Arquivos de programas\Arquivos comuns\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: MicroSoft Media Tools - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\MSmedia.exe
O23 - Service: Serviço de proteção automática do Norton AntiVirus (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Arquivos de programas\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Arquivos de programas\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\ARQUIV~1\ARQUIV~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

1. The following information in your HijackThis log's header indicates that you are very behind in your Windows and Internet Explorer updates:

Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Please use the Windows Update feature to download and install the most current updates for your system; many of the updates fix security holes and bugs through which spyware and viruses can infect your system. I wouldn't suggest upgrading to Service Pack 2 until your system is infection-free, but you should at least get Service Pack 1 and all of the most current related updates.

When properly updated, the information in your HJT log header should read as follows:

Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

2. Please give us any and all specific information that Norton gives you concerning the names and locations of the infected files it is finding.

3. Open the Services utility in your Administrative Tools control panel.

- In the list of services, locate the service named "MicroSoft Media Tools" and double-click on it.

- In the General tab of the Properties window that opens, click the Stop button.

- Once the service is stopped, choose Disabled in the "Startup Type" drop-down menu and then click OK. Close the Services utility after that.

4. Run HijackThis again and have it fix:

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O23 - Service: MicroSoft Media Tools - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\MSmedia.exe

5. Download and install these two utilities:

ewido Security Suite - http://www.ewido.net/en/download/
Microsoft Anti-Spyware beta - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...&displaylang=en

- Open ewido. If you receive a warning message saying "Database not found"; just click "OK" for this. Next, in the main screen, click "Update" and click "Start Update". After the update process completes, exit from Ewido.

- Open MS Antispyware beta. Make sure the "AntiSpyware Autoupdater" feature is enabled, and that it has downloaded the most current antispyware updates. Close the program after you've verified this.

4. Reboot into Safe Mode (you get to the safe mode boot option by hitting the F8 key as your computer is starting up).

5. Run ewido and MS Antispyware beta consecutively (the order doesn't matter), and have both programs fix whatever they find.
When ewido finds the first malicious object on your system, it will ask you if it should clean it. When it asks this, put a checkmark in the lower left corner of the box that says "Perform action on all infections", then choose clean and click OK.

6. While still in Safe Mode, open Windows Explorer, and in the Folder Options->View settings under the Tools menu, select "show hidden files and folders", and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" and "Hide extentions for known file types".

- Locate and delete the following file if it still exists:
C:\WINDOWS\MSmedia.exe

- For every user account listed under C:\Documents and Settings, delete the entire contents of these folders (but not the folders themselves):

Important: One of the normal steps in eliminating malicious programs is to entirely delete the contents of all Temp folders. Given that, if any data that you care about is living in those Temp folders, you need to move it to a safe location now, or it will be erased along with everything else!

1. Cookies
2. Local Settings\Temp
3. Local Settings\History
4. Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

- Delete the entire content of your C:\Windows\Temp folder.

- Delete the entire content of your C:\Windows\Prefetch folder.

Note- If you get any messages concerning the deletion of system files such as desktop.ini or index.dat, just choose to delete those files; they'll be automatically regenerated by Windows if needed. Windows will allow you to delete the versions of those files which exist in sub-folders within the main Temp/Temorary folders, but might not let you delete the versions of those files that exist in the main Temp folders themselves; this is normal and OK.

- Empty your Recycle Bin.

- Reboot normally.

6. Run HijackThis again and post the new log. Also post the scan report log that ewido generated.

Hi there!

As soon as I installed SP1, the norton virus window stopped appearing. However, I have fallowed every step that you wrote.

Thank you very much.
Here are the reports :

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 03:26:08, on 29/11/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Arquivos de programas\Arquivos comuns\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Arquivos de programas\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Arquivos de programas\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
C:\Arquivos de programas\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Arquivos de programas\Arquivos comuns\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Arquivos de programas\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\Arquivos de programas\Arquivos comuns\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\pctspk.exe
C:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\Arquivos de programas\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Arquivos de programas\Oi Internet\DiscaOi.exe
C:\Arquivos de programas\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Arquivos de programas\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Arquivos de programas\Outlook Express\msimn.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Márcio\Configurações locais\Temp\Diretório temporário 2 para hijackthis_1.zip\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = &http://home.microsoft.com/intl/br/access/allinone.asp
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.oi.com.br/
O2 - BHO: DAPHelper Class - {0000CC75-ACF3-4cac-A0A9-DD3868E06852} - C:\Arquivos de programas\DAP\DAPBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Arquivos de programas\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Arquivos de programas\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Rádio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: DAP Bar - {62999427-33FC-4baf-9C9C-BCE6BD127F08} - C:\Arquivos de programas\DAP\DAPIEBar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Arquivos de programas\Arquivos comuns\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCTVOICE] pctspk.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Arquivos de programas\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Norton SystemWorks] C:\Arquivos de programas\Arquivos comuns\Symantec Shared\CfgWiz.exe /GUID {DA9935BA-22F7-44ee-BD12-BD8B87700BEA}
O4 - Global Startup: Discador Oi Internet.lnk = C:\Arquivos de programas\Oi Internet\DiscaOi.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with &DAP - C:\ARQUIV~1\DAP\dapextie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download &all with DAP - C:\ARQUIV~1\DAP\dapextie2.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xportar para o Microsoft Excel - res://C:\ARQUIV~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O14 - IERESET.INF: SEARCH_PAGE_URL=&http://home.microsoft.com/intl/br/access/allinone.asp
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedContent/vc/bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1133230245778
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedContent/common/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{A2141690-7EE2-4202-840B-A83A46002865}: NameServer = 200.202.193.75 200.222.0.34
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\ARQUIV~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Arquivos de programas\Arquivos comuns\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Arquivos de programas\Arquivos comuns\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Arquivos de programas\Arquivos comuns\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Arquivos de programas\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Arquivos de programas\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: Serviço de proteção automática do Norton AntiVirus (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Arquivos de programas\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Arquivos de programas\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\ARQUIV~1\ARQUIV~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe

---------------------------------------------------------
Ewido security suite - Security Report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Criado em:            02:36:02, 29/11/2005
+ Relatório-Checksum:       A99B01BD

+ Resultado da verificação:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\MediaPassX.Installer\CLSID\\ -> Spyware.WinFavorites : Limpo com backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{669695BC-A811-4A9D-8CDF-BA8C795F261C} -> Spyware.PowerStrip : Limpo com backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\C:/WINDOWS/Downloaded Program Files/MediaPassX.dll\\.Owner -> Spyware.WinFavorites : Limpo com backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\C:/WINDOWS/Downloaded Program Files/MediaPassX.dll\\{15AD4789-CDB4-47E1-A9DA-992EE8E6BAD6} -> Spyware.WinFavorites : Limpo com backup
HKU\S-1-5-21-1757981266-299502267-725345543-1003\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\CmdMapping\\{669695BC-A811-4A9D-8CDF-BA8C795F261C} -> Spyware.PowerStrip : Limpo com backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Marcelo\Cookies\marcelo@paypopup[1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Paypopup : Limpo com backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Márcio\Configurações locais\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\O38JGLWT\mm[1].js -> Spyware.Chitika : Limpo com backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Márcio\Cookies\márcio@paypopup[1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Paypopup : Limpo com backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Márcio\Cookies\márcio@trafic[1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Trafic : Limpo com backup
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rdriv.sys -> Trojan.Rootkit.k : Limpo com backup

::Fim do Relatório

Good work- your latest log is clean :)

Does everything seem to be functioning correctly now?

Hi

The only problems I had was with Kazaa. It seemed like my pc wasn't allowing it to run anymore. I uninstalled it and then installed again. No it seems fine. By the way, would you give me some tips to make kazaa safe?

Thanks for helping me!

You're welcome :)

By the way, would you give me some tips to make kazaa safe?

You probably knew this was coming, but...

Don't use it.

Seriously- filesharing/P2P networks as a whole are, unfortunately, great conduits for the delivery of malicious programs; by not using them, you avoid that risk altogether. If you do choose to use them, your only real recourse is to protect your system as much as possible. This thread has several useful suggestions on how you can accomplish that.

I'm going to consider your advice.

Thank you.

I got this virus on one of my 2003 Servers. I thought I had it all cleaned up but when I try to access webpages on IIS it tells me I do not have the permissions to access it. Any ideas?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.