:mad: i just wanna know why it's running so sluggish now after doing all those things i was told to do. and after i did the last steps there were icons on my desktop they were: thumbs and some others i forgot what they were and there was one called desktop something and they were all translucent. i didn't know what to do with them so i deleted them :o . what's wrong now did i do something wrong?

Was the system sluggish before you deleted the files you mentioned?

desktop.ini and thumbs.db are two of the files you were seeing. They are valid Windows files which are normally hidden, but they got revealed in the process of removing the infections you had. I know that Windows will generate a new thumbs.db file when needed, and the same may be true of desktop.ini. System performance should not be affected by the lack of either file.

To "hide" such files again, open Windows Explorer, and in the Folder Options->View settings under the Tools menu, deselect "show hidden files and folders", and check "Hide protected operating system files" and "Hide extentions for known file types".

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.