i got a virus with a fake antivirus on it. then, i thought i removed it but now i'm getting BSOD's like crazy.. then i got a BSOD that after that wouldnt let me log in. i had to make a system restore. Here's the minidump file. please help!!

ATTACHED Zip File has been removed for safety by jholland1964

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I've seen viruses lately that also infect files in the recovery/restore partition, resulting in reinfection after restoring the system. Some also infect the MBR (master boot record). Cleaning these sort of infections is difficult and time-consuming. Sometimes the only solution is to wipe the drive completely and reinstall the system from CD/DVD. This is why when I purchase a Windows machine I pay the extra $$ for a complete system installation disc.

Attached files are not opened here. All items must be copy/pasted. In order to receive assistance you need to do the steps given in our Read Me First sticky and then post back with All requested logs. Please, copy/paste all logs, I say again, attached logs will not be read or opened and will be removed for the safety of others.

if it's a minidump file how do i open it to copy and paste?

if it's a minidump file how do i open it to copy and paste?

We don't want to see a mindump file. What we want from you in order to offer assistance is exactly what I said in my first post to you. If you truly want assistance then you will follow those steps.

In order to receive assistance you need to do the steps given in our Read Me First sticky and then post back with All requested logs. Please, copy/paste all logs, I say again, attached logs will not be read or opened and will be removed for the safety of others.

http://www.daniweb.com/hardware-and-software/microsoft-windows/viruses-spyware-and-other-nasties/threads/134865

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.