Hi Forumites!

Not long ago my computer was hit by a virus. That problem has been fixed, but since then I checked my IP address using the 'ipconfig' command and got the following:

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix.:
IP Address........................192.168.1.100
Subnet Mask......................255.255.255.0
IP Address.........................[censored] (not sure I need to censor that but playing it safe)
Default Gateway..................192.168.1.1

I also get the folloing:

Tunnel Adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

IP Address.........................[censored] (not sure I need to censor that but playing it safe)

Tunnel Adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

So, my question is, is this normal or something really bad?

I'm afraid it's something really bad so I posted it here.

You've somehow managed to get IPv6 (the new TCP/IP protocol) enabled on that machine. Try the following:

1. Log on to the computer with a user account that has privileges to change network configuration.

2. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network Connections.

3. Right-click any local area connection, and then click Properties.

4. Click Microsoft TCP/IP version 6 (for Windows XP with SP2 or Windows Server 2003) or Microsoft IPv6 Developer Edition (for Windows XP with SP1), and then click Uninstall.

5. When prompted to confirm the removal of the Microsoft IPv6 Developer Edition or Microsoft TCP/IP version 6 protocol, click OK.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.