Hey everyone, I'm new to this site and I had a few questions. I've been trying to clean up several things on my computer, spyware, adware, and trojans or whatever. Every time I use spybot I get a reacuring theme. It tends to be Avenue A, Inc., Double Click, PSGaurd. msmsgs, with a few other ones, but those are the ones I get most of the time. If anyone can get me started in the right direction of fixing these problems I would be extremely greatful. Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

doubleclick is a more invasive cookie and you need also to get rid of the spyware that installed it. go here :-
http://www.spywareremove.com/removeDoubleClick.html
For some of the other stuff check control panel/installed pgms.
Then go here and get ewido..it's free if you can do with the manual version. it's good...it will identify bad cookies and prompt you to remove them.
http://www.ewido.net/en/download/
Get spywareblaster... another good free service.

Those really aren't the most threatning of malware and i think we can get most of them with a good scan so try the following.

Please download and install ewido anti-spyware tool

• Close all other Applications Select language click Ok
  • Click I Agree
  • Click next
  • Click Install
  • Click Finish
  • Wait Ewido will open main screen automatically.
  • Wait again a few minutes and Ewido Should Auto update itself. If it doesn't click update at top of screen.
  • This in very important to get updates
  • When updating has finished. Close Ewido.

If you have an "always on" connection to the internet, physically disconnect that connection until you are finished with Safe Mode and have rebooted back into normal mode.

• Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear use arrow up to highlight
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode hit enter.
  • For additional help in booting into Safe Mode, see the following site: HERE

You MUST manage to get into Safe Mode for the fix to work.

Make sure to close all open windows/programs/folders. Have nothing else open while ewido performs its scan!

• Open Ewido
  • Click on scanner top of Ewido sceen
  • Click on Settings
  • Under How to Act click on Recommended Action choose Quarantine
  • Under How to scan all boxes should be selected
  • Under Possibly unwanted software all boxes should be selected
  • On right side under Reports: click on Automatically generate report after every scan.
  • Under What to scan select scan every file
  • Click On scan Tab
  • Click on Complete system scan
  • Let the program scan the machine It can take awhile give it time.
  • When scan has finished At bottom of screen click Apply all Actions
  • Click Save report
  • Click Save Report as (Save as window's screen should pop up.)
  • Click desktop
  • Click Save
  • Exit ewido

Reboot back to normal mode

That should clear everything out.
Tell me if it works.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.