OK...so I download SpyBot. Installed it, and used it to get rid of spyware. I decided to try out another spyware scanner and uninstalled SpyBot. So now I have about 186 ENCRYPTED zip files on my machine that I can't access because I am not ATHORIZED to open such files on my OWN DAG computer...I need a PASSWORD...
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ?????? Yes I'm not a GURU...just a user.
Below is a sample of these zip files that cannot be scanned for virus's. Are these files something I need to worry about or just much ado about nothing.
I thank you in advance for your input.
kilopee...

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Advertisingcom.zip
This file couldn't be scanned because it contains encrypted files. Please decrypt the file(s) and scan them manually.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

There just backups of all the files you've deleted you can delete those if you want. They are not dangerous to your computer.

That is good to know and thanks for the help kyle...

Yoy can mark this thread as solved then.(There should be a link at the top of the page that says "mark as solved")

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.