I have win98SE, Ie6 sp1, Mcafee updated dats as of 05.12.04, netzero v7. When i attempt to access netzero, I can log on, receive email into my outlook97 but not get an internet explorer window. Instead, i get a page fault error with MSIESH.dll. I cannot surf the net to download any software so i was unable to download spy-bot or it's updates. I do have access to a computer outside my home. From what i've been reading i've been hacked. Is there a way for me to get spy-bot or adware with updates from another computer.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Yup, you've got unwanted guests on your system- MSIESH.dll is related to the CoolWebSearch hijacker.

If you have accesss to another machine, I'd suggest downloading the lastest versions of SpyBot Search & Destroy, Ad Aware, and CWShredder and burning them to a CD. You can get the programs on to the infected machine that way.

-Moving this to the Security forum...

will do thanks so much for your help

OK, let us know how it goes! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.