Thanks so much for the recomendation to start using mozilla in place of explorer... since I started using mozilla and i QUIT using explorer and outlook cold, approximately 2 months ago, I have rerun the spyware removal and such and have had not 1 item show up... that is great... with explorer i was having to run the software daily, now I do it once a month and nothing is there...

thanks again...:D

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

But Opera is better :) :)

well i just today got a new mac... now using firefox and maybe safari...

is opera availiable for mac also???

my wife will continue to NOT use explorer as she is now convinced... why do none of the radio computer folks give the same great advise I got here???( i suppose if people quit having too many problems they the host, are out of a job) all they seem to recoment is scanning and firewall, i ran firewalls and they didnt help explorer/outlook at all... once I quit using them no more problems...

thanks I will check it out...

Hello,

I like Opera, but found Mozilla / Firefox to have a more consistant look and feel across Mac and Linux. Opera just displayed some pages weird.

Ocnative1964, please come join us in the Mac forum sometime. :)

Christian

I was going to go and get Opera, and then I happened to see this thread today, and so I looked into both Browser options and I will say this.

I am very much impressed with Mozilla Firefox.

It is very quick and easy to use, as well as being open source as well. (which means free) in this world you don't find that too often!

Good Bye Internet Explorer it was fun while it lasted.

I second the motion "Mozilla is Awesome"

so here's a question... I use mozilla on my wifes fujitsu laptop, and now firefox on the new g4 powerbook... and I would swear that the firefox loads pages MUCH faster on the mac than the mozilla on XP...

is this possible or only wishful thinking???

Mozilla, in my opinion is a little bit more clutterd than IE (at least the menus are) but i find that i like it more because of its ease of use, and the fact that if a page isnt there it wont even try to load it, unlike in IE where if a page isnt there it will spend 5 minutes acting as if its loading a page only to get an error that page could not be found.

mozilla gets 5 thumbs up (mostly because of built in pop up stopper)
IE gets 4 thumbs up (because it has not built in pop up stopper, but it is soon to get one)

so here's a question... I use mozilla on my wifes fujitsu laptop, and now firefox on the new g4 powerbook... and I would swear that the firefox loads pages MUCH faster on the mac than the mozilla on XP...

is this possible or only wishful thinking???

it could very much be true. web page loading is not based on connection alone, it could be a better computer, or a computer with less going on in the background so you have more free resources so the pages load nice and fast. if you're really interested go to; http://webservices.cnet.com/Bandwidth/?tag=tm

and run that test. its a bandwidth meter, for all you know, your service might actually run better on that g4 powerbook than other machine(s).

If you're a mac user, I recommend Safari ;) I'm a Safari user on my mac, and an IE/Firefox user on Windows. I also used to use Mozilla when I ran a linux machine.

it could very much be true. web page loading is not based on connection alone, it could be a better computer, or a computer with less going on in the background so you have more free resources so the pages load nice and fast. if you're really interested go to; http://webservices.cnet.com/Bandwidth/?tag=tm

and run that test. its a bandwidth meter, for all you know, your service might actually run better on that g4 powerbook than other machine(s).

that would be funny if it did run faster on the mac because they do not even support the mac... its bigzoo.net and I love them for the price they are fab, and their email filters out ALL the spam... for $6 per month its awesome...

I will have to run that test when I get home...

thanks for the info...:cheesy:

If you're a mac user, I recommend Safari ;) I'm a Safari user on my mac, and an IE/Firefox user on Windows. I also used to use Mozilla when I ran a linux machine.

I'll have to do that... Ive heard there is a way to "share" the bookmarks file is this true??? that would make life very easy...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.