Hi

I use win98se

Each rime I restart my machine more new file are added, what are they and how can I solve this problem?

THanks tori

Attached jpgs example' but each time I restart the machine there are more and I keep deleting them again and agian but.....I want to get rid of this burden.

At the library c:\windows\

at the size about 0Mb and they look like:

fff8856f_{2CECBFCF-C4C9-4024-B881-C74DD7774BBC}.tmp
fff8856f_{311ED16D-524C-4BFC-B2D4-DF6C01C5B41D}.tmp

At the library c:\windows\internet logs\

at the size about 2Mb and they look like:

xDBE150.TMP
xDBE211.TMP
tvDebug.log
Iamdb.rdb

Attachments 20_01_2007-12_37_58_250.jpg 92.47 KB 20_01_2007-12_38_12_970.jpg 65.43 KB
Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by gerbil

c:\windows\internet logs is a folder created by zone alarm. If the size of it bothers you then delete the contents of each .txt file in there. I bet you cannot delete the .log files while ZA is running.
I have only 20 ZAlog...txt files, so i assume they are deleted on a rolling basis automatically.
Those other windows\fff88... files? i have no idea... those clsid nos are not on the web so i would guess that something dodgy put them there. Try a f-secure blacklight beta scan, or kaspersky online scan, or rootkitdetector.

Thanks for your comments

No threats were found
and I disabled the MDM hope no problem comes out of it.

Tori

nb. About rootkillers, doesn't NAV find these parasites?

nb. About rootkillers, doesn't NAV find these parasites?

Rootkits?
Some Security Suite packages claim to detect them, but for the most part it is hit-or-miss. Generally, you are better off using a few of the specialized tools along in concert with an experienced forum advisor........

PP :)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.