Hi

I use win98se

Each rime I restart my machine more new file are added, what are they and how can I solve this problem?

THanks tori

Attached jpgs example' but each time I restart the machine there are more and I keep deleting them again and agian but.....I want to get rid of this burden.

At the library c:\windows\

at the size about 0Mb and they look like:

fff8856f_{2CECBFCF-C4C9-4024-B881-C74DD7774BBC}.tmp
fff8856f_{311ED16D-524C-4BFC-B2D4-DF6C01C5B41D}.tmp

At the library c:\windows\internet logs\

at the size about 2Mb and they look like:

xDBE150.TMP
xDBE211.TMP
tvDebug.log
Iamdb.rdb

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

c:\windows\internet logs is a folder created by zone alarm. If the size of it bothers you then delete the contents of each .txt file in there. I bet you cannot delete the .log files while ZA is running.
I have only 20 ZAlog...txt files, so i assume they are deleted on a rolling basis automatically.
Those other windows\fff88... files? i have no idea... those clsid nos are not on the web so i would guess that something dodgy put them there. Try a f-secure blacklight beta scan, or kaspersky online scan, or rootkitdetector.

Some additional info for you.
The link below can explain it better than I ever could. ;)

See post #8 for the FFF entries....

Click the LINKY

PP :)

Thanks for your comments

No threats were found
and I disabled the MDM hope no problem comes out of it.

Tori

nb. About rootkillers, doesn't NAV find these parasites?

nb. About rootkillers, doesn't NAV find these parasites?

Rootkits?
Some Security Suite packages claim to detect them, but for the most part it is hit-or-miss. Generally, you are better off using a few of the specialized tools along in concert with an experienced forum advisor........

PP :)

thanks for the link, pp. And to you to, tori, for getting me to notice those logs put in by ZA. CCleaner in its current form will delete some of the txt files, but not the tvDebug.log one, which does grow.....
This link shows a few simple methods....
http://forum.ccleaner.com/lofiversion/index.php/t1596.html
If you use CCleaner as a temp file cleaner, then the mod there is cool.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.