After clearing my computer of all the adware stuff that was on with the help of this website, I have another problem. I can't download any of the Windows Updates still. I thought maybe it was because of the adware and all that was on here, but it still will not work. When I go to the Windows Update page, and click scan for updates, it sits at 0% no matter how long I leave it to scan. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

As soon as I posted this, I got it working! :)

Any idea what you did to fix it? Posting that info could help others who might have the same problem...

-Thanks

Well, my problem was that it had been a while since I had downloaded any updates (which I'm sure helped lead to all the bad stuff that was on my computer a couple of weeks ago). Since I couldn't seem to download any updates from the website, I ordered their free CD of updates, which I received yesterday afternoon in the mail. I used that to download all of the updates that it included, then went straight to the website to see if there were any others. Sure enough, that time it scanned and downloaded the last 3 updates that I needed. It may have just been that there were enough that needed to download that it was just too much and that's why it wouldn't work....I really don't have any idea. I'm just glad I finally got it straight. :) For anyone who hasn't downloaded the updates and such, and you're having the same problem, I would suggest going to their website and ordering that free CD. Took less than a week for me to get it, and it was worth it! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.