Hey,

If look in the XP Forum, you'll find a thread about and the problems I have had with it. Well, I have this computer that is running slow for some reason. At first I thought it was a Virus/Spyware problem, but then after I did a Virus and Spyware Scan it came up with 2 spyware problems that it deleted. I played around with the computer abit, tried to open programs etc. no speed boost. Well then i thought it might be a hardware problem......but after talking to jbennet I had no success. So now I'm back to square one. Any help would be greatly appreicated.

(*I do know that my processor speed is low for running xp)

Here are the Stats.....if you need more just give me a shout:

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
400 megahertz Intel Celeron
32 kilobyte primary memory cache
128 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P3B-F REV 1.01
Bus Clock: 66 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software, Inc. ASUS P3B-F ACPI BIOS Revision 1003.A 08/07/1999
137.43 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
126.43 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H22N [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

ST3160812A [Hard drive] (160.04 GB) -- drive 0, s/n 4LS5TLFD, rev 3.AAJ, SMART Status: Healthy

384 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'DIMM 1' has 128 MB
Slot 'DIMM 2' has 64 MB
Slot 'DIMM 3' has 64 MB
Slot 'DIMM 4' has 128 MB

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I recommend that you use Executive Software Diskeeper, if your HD is on NTFS. It is the only defragmenter that is capable of defragmenting MFT (Master File Table) and pagefile on Windows XP. They tend to be a major performance poopers.

s i should use the defragmenter???

Yes, you should defragment your drive from time to time.

ok ill give it a try.....i never did this before because a friend of mine told me that it fixes things that do not need to be fixed and then corrupts it....no he my have not said corrupt,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.