I',m new

But i need help already .

The thing is that my computer takes ages when it says 'windows is starting up' or something like that

Plz help thx :'(

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

hey r u a guy???

yep

y

i'm going now i'll be on tommrow plz help me till then

First thing is how much memory you got?

Second once it boots go to Start - run and type MSCONFIG.then click the start menu tab and uncheck anything you don'need running in the background.this can cause one to boot slow.

Then go to contol panel - internet options and delete the cookies and history.then go to start - all programs - accessories - system tools and do a disk cleanup and defragment.

Also download this and install update it and run it.

http://dw.com.com/redir?pid=10639408&merid=69274&mfgid=69274&ltype=dl_dlnow&lop=link&edId=3&siteId=4&oId=3040-8022_4-10639408&ontId=8022_4&dlrs=1&destUrl=http://www.download.com%2F3001-8022_4-10639408.html

my memory is 512 ram
80gb hard drive . i've done all them lol
But its after the boot up it comes up with windows starting up and takes about 3 min to go onto the login page

Try updateing your BIOS on the motherboard.also i have had things like this happen when a adaptor like video or madem is starting to go bad.pull all PCI and AGP if you got AGP and use your onboard video if you have.if not just leave the card in.then boot it up.

I',m new

But i need help already .

The thing is that my computer takes ages when it says 'windows is starting up' or something like that

Plz help thx :'(

clear the files under cookies, prefetch, temp folder..... follow this path CONTROL PANEL->SOUND&AUDIDEVICES->SOUND->SOUNDSCHEME->NO SOUNDS

THx for replys but i disabled the sound at start up.but no look and i updated my bios still no luck. i foget to tell u i repaired my windows by inserting the windows cd and reinstalled windows sp1

before i had sp2 could that be the plobrem !

Could be get all the windows updates.

i have exept the sp2 udate

takes ages

do i need to install sp2

because it jammes it goes upto the creating cabinets

brb

i gtg now c u tommrow

thx but i fixed with commondo antivirus. It was a virus all along

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.