RUNDLL Error / w3knet.dll

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Well that was illuminating :confused:

I guess if someone shows up with just a grunt, all you can do is wait and see if there's any more noise that may emanate from them :D

Have you a problem to present to us, Hcatzeyez, or simply a cryptic message? Welcome to TechTalk, by the way.

Well that was illuminating :confused:

I guess if someone shows up with just a grunt, all you can do is wait and see if there's any more noise that may emanate from them :D

lol. Come on now Terry- try to be nice to the new members.. ;)

HCatzeyez,

What CW is saying, in his own inimitable way, is that we would be able to give you a much quicker solution if you gave us a heck of a lot more to go on. You've given us only the name of the offending dll, but no background whatsoever regarding the problem, when it started to occur, or any other helpful specifics.

However, the upshot is this:

w3knet.dll is a component of the Web3000 spyware program. The fact you're getting the rundll error most likely (and hopefully) means that you've removed the program itself, but an "orphaned" entry for it still exists in your Windows Registry. More info on the Web3000 pest and instructions for removing it can be found here:

http://www.pestpatrol.com/PestInfo/W/Web3000.asp

As this problem is spyware related, I'm moving this thread to the Security forum so that our virus/spyware experts can give you more input.

HCatzeyez, don't create useless threads where all you do is lash out on members that are willing to help you. Also, if you're willing to take more time on explaining your question, more people will respond. Learn how to post and follow the rules. Thread closed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.