My computer has become very sluggish lately and I have been getting numerous errors some of which are:

Windows Security Alert
Your Computer is making unauthorized copies of your system and internet files. Run full scan now to prevent any unauthorised access to your files! Click yes to download spyware remover...

When I use Ctrl+Alt+Delete this error comes up: Task manager has been disabled by your administrator.
I am the administrator and i dont know how to change these settings. I usually go to run- gpedit.msc and edit those settings that that works but only until the next time I restart or log off.

My control panel randomly disappears and I am unable to access it.

When I try to download something like Sypware doctor, the installation just terminates when its in the middle of progress. No error, it just disappears.

There are also some other errors of this kind of nature that come up when I try to change certain settings.

I have ran AVG Anti Spyware, Ad Aware, PC Cillin and Windows Defender. Some of these programs detect some infections, but nothing gets fixed when I clean them.

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

If you're really stuffed and the HJT stuff that the great and good on this forum won't run, then you could do worse than try my famous steam radio job posted at http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread88342.html

Or you could try my suggestions anyway until the great and the good get you into the HJT and Combofix stuff.

Either way I'd expect you to move forward with this.

Problem is I don't have an uninfected PC, but thanks anyway.

Hello there, if you notice that your PC is running slow, it maybe possible that computer is still infected. In addition to viruses, your computer may be infected with spywares, Trojans, worms, adwares, viruses and other malwares. Personally, if a PC is infected, I do recommend using more than one antiviris program to help you. My personal recommendation for cleanup softwares are : Adware SE, ACE, Avast, AVG, Mcafee, ParetoLogic XoftSpySE, PREVX and spyware be-gone. Also, I do recommend that you clean/restore your registry files…if these are corrupted, your PC will slow down. The software to help you with your registry: RegCure and Regpair. Some of the above mentioned programs can be downloaded at www.cnet.com. Please use these utilities and let’s know the outcome. The removal of viruses and other malwares does affect your PC registry. Do the following to post a hi-jack log which we'll address for you, you must first download the software from:http://www.download.com/HijackThis/3...-10379544.html ==download hijackthis: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5554.html
-install it to a new folder alongside your program files and then... rename hijackthis .exe to imabunny.exe
-in that folder start HijackThis by dclicking the .exe; now close ALL other applications and any open windows including the explorer window containing HijackThis.
-click the Scan and Save a Logfile button.
Post the log here so that we can take a look at it. Have a good day. Just a note also, that some viruses also pretend to be anti-viruses....so be careful of which anti-virus program to download.

I actually have RegCure, I ran that and it found some errors but problems still occur. Those links didn't work so I download Hijackthis elsewhere but wasn't able to do those first two steps you mentioned. Either way, I got a log and posted it below. I will also be trying some of those other programs. Thanks, and heres the log:

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ\Binn\sqlservr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxssvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Creative Labs Shared\Service\CreativeLicensing.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1180058179\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
C:\WINDOWS\avp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Sam\LOCALS~1\Temp\clclean.0001
C:\WINDOWS\mgrs.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 12\TMAS_OE\TMAS_OEMon.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\WinTouch\WinTouch.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\autorun.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Sam\LOCALS~1\Temp\agentlook.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Sam\LOCALS~1\Temp\32win.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Sam\LOCALS~1\Temp\hostwin.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\RegCure\RegCure.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Sam\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\printer.exe
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] stsystra.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DMXLauncher] C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTSysVol] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MBMon] Rundll32 CTMBHA.DLL,MBMon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pccguide.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 12\pccguide.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLA] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1180058179\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [snp2std] C:\WINDOWS\vsnp2std.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [{06-68-84-4B-ZN}] C:\WINDOWS\system32\lndsrngn.exe CHD003
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTRegRun] C:\WINDOWS\CTRegRun.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avp] C:\WINDOWS\avp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SearchIndexer] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\iecmupsb.dll",sitypnow
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [smgr] mgrs.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinAVX] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WinAvXX.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SetDefaultMIDI] MIDIDef.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Creative Detector] "C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe" /R
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [OE_OEM] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 12\TMAS_OE\TMAS_OEMon.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Tair] "C:\WINDOWS\SSTEM~1\alg.exe" -vt ndrv
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Urzk] C:\WINDOWS\?racle\n?tdde.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Insider] C:\Program Files\Insider\Insider.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WinTouch] C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\WinTouch\WinTouch.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SfKg6w] C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\Microsoft\ypvsvxc.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WinAVX] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WinAvXX.exe
O4 - Startup: system.exe
O4 - Startup: TA_Start.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\system32\lndsrngn.exe
O4 - Startup: Think-Adz.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\system32\pwinomdt.exe
O4 - Global Startup: autorun.exe
O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O7 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar Search - c:\program files\aol\aol toolbar 2.0\resources\en-US\local\search.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {3369AF0D-62E9-4bda-8103-B4C75499B578} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {5F8469B4-B055-49DD-83F7-62B522420ECC} (Facebook Photo Uploader Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/FacebookPhotoUploader.cab
O16 - DPF: {8A0DCBDB-6E20-489C-9041-C1E8A0352E75} - http://awbeta.net-nucleus.com/FIX/WinATS.cab
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\WINDOWS\system32\sulimo.dat
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - AOL LLC - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Labs Licensing Service - Creative Labs - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Creative Labs Shared\Service\CreativeLicensing.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: DomainService - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mjufibge.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: DSBrokerService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\DellSupport\brkrsvc.exe
O23 - Service: GoogleDesktopManager - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: MSSQL$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ\Binn\sqlservr.exe" -sMICROSOFTSMLBIZ (file missing)
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component (PcCtlCom) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe
O23 - Service: SQLAgent$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ\Binn\sqlagent.EXE" -i MICROSOFTSMLBIZ (file missing)
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Personal Firewall (TmPfw) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\tmproxy.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

Problem is I don't have an uninfected PC, but thanks anyway.

You could get a long way forward by using the method on your only PC. The main problem you'll hit eventually is being unable to get rid of the lurking stub; which is when the second PC is helpful once you've identified that stub.

Anyway - best of luck.

P.S: I noticed these in your HJT
O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O7 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1

If you search the forum or google you'll find the method for undoing this strangler on your ability to cleran your registry up.

Sorry, I posted by HJT incorrectly before, here is the correct log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 3:33:58 PM, on 10/15/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\HackerWatch\HWAPI.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6028\SAService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Creative Labs Shared\Service\CreativeLicensing.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\tmproxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 12\pccguide.exe
C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6028\SiteAdv.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\system.exe
c:\program files\mcafee\msc\mcuimgr.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Sam\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 2 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee SiteAdvisor - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6028\SiteAdv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DMXLauncher] C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTSysVol] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pccguide.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 12\pccguide.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1180058179\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avp] C:\WINDOWS\avp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SearchIndexer] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\iecmupsb.dll",sitypnow
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [smgr] mgrs.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SiteAdvisor] C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6028\SiteAdv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VoiceCenter] "C:\Program Files\Creative\VoiceCenter\AndreaVC.exe" /tray
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Creative Detector] "C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe" /R
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [OE_OEM] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 12\TMAS_OE\TMAS_OEMon.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Insider] C:\Program Files\Insider\Insider.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WinTouch] C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\WinTouch\WinTouch.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SfKg6w] C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\Microsoft\ypvsvxc.exe
O4 - Startup: system.exe
O4 - Global Startup: autorun.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar Search - c:\program files\aol\aol toolbar 2.0\resources\en-US\local\search.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {3369AF0D-62E9-4bda-8103-B4C75499B578} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll
O18 - Protocol: siteadvisor - {3A5DC592-7723-4EAA-9EE6-AF4222BCF879} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6028\SiteAdv.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\WINDOWS\system32\sulimo.dat C:\PROGRA~1\Google\GOOGLE~1\GOEC62~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: McAfee Application Installer Cleanup (0122671192406902) (0122671192406902mcinstcleanup) - Unknown owner - C:\DOCUME~1\Sam\LOCALS~1\Temp\012267~1.EXE (file missing)
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - AOL LLC - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Labs Licensing Service - Creative Labs - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Creative Labs Shared\Service\CreativeLicensing.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: DomainService - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mjufibge.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: DSBrokerService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\DellSupport\brkrsvc.exe
O23 - Service: GoogleDesktopManager - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee HackerWatch Service - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\HackerWatch\HWAPI.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Update Manager (mcmispupdmgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Protection Manager (mcpromgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
O23 - Service: MSSQL$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ\Binn\sqlservr.exe" -sMICROSOFTSMLBIZ (file missing)
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component (PcCtlCom) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe
O23 - Service: SiteAdvisor Service - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6028\SAService.exe
O23 - Service: SQLAgent$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ\Binn\sqlagent.EXE" -i MICROSOFTSMLBIZ (file missing)
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Personal Firewall (TmPfw) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\tmproxy.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

You've got to get that DisableReg=1 changed to zero.

Can you please do the following.

===============

Can you disable Windows Defender as it may interfere with the removal process. Please leave it disabled until your PC has been given the all clear.

• Open Windows Defender
  • Click Tools
  • Click General Settings
  • Scroll down to Real Time Protection Options
  • Uncheck Turn on Real Time Protection (recommended)
  • After you uncheck this, click on the Save button
  • Close Windows Defender

===============

Download the newest version of HiJackThis; version 2.0.2. Place it in a permanent folder before scanning. Repost your log after following the steps below. This version has features that might be more helpful in 'cleaning' up your system.

===============

Scan with HijackThis and then place a check next to all the following, if present:

Now, close all instances of Internet Explorer and any other windows you have open except HiJackThis, click "Fix checked".

===============

Locate and delete the following item(s), if present. Make sure you are able to view system and hidden files/ folders:

files...

C:\WINDOWS\system32\printer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WinAvXX.exe

-

Note that some of these file(s)/folder(s) may or may not be present. If present, and cannot be deleted because they're 'in use', try deleting them in Safe Mode by doing the following:

• Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear.

Select the first option to run Windows in Safe Mode hit enter.

-

Reboot.

===============

1. Download this file from one of the following links :

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe
http://www.techsupportforum.com/sectools/combofix.exe

2. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
3. When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply, along with a new hijackthis log.

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

I followed your instructions and here is the combofix log:

ComboFix 07-10-12.4 - Sam 2007-10-15 17:32:45.1 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional  5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.1283 [GMT -4:00]
Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Desktop\ComboFix(2).exe
* Created a new restore point

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((   Other Deletions   )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\Documents and Settings\Adam\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\TA_Start.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\Adam\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\ta_start.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data.\salesmonitor
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data.\winantispyware 2007
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data.\winantispyware 2007\Data\Abbr
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data.\winantispyware 2007\Data\ProductCode
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\WinAntiSpyware 2007\Data\Abbr
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\WinAntiSpyware 2007\Data\Abbr
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\WinAntiSpyware 2007\Data\ProductCode
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\WinAntiSpyware 2007\Data\ProductCode
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs.\UltimateCleaner 2007
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\autorun.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\Find Spyware Remover.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\Free Online Dating.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\Go to Casino.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\system.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\TA_Start.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\ta_start.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\WinAntiSpyware 2007
C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\WinAntiSpyware 2007\Logs\update.log
C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\WinAntiSpyware 2007\Logs\update.log
C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\WinTouch
C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\WinTouch\config.cfg.81c315b0aac7c9489c4389ce555eff90
C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\WinTouch\wintouch.cfg
C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Desktop\Find Spyware Remover.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Desktop\Free Online Dating.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Desktop\Go to Casino.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Start Menu\Programs\Outerinfo
C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Start Menu\Programs\Outerinfo\Terms.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\system.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Stepahanie\Desktop\Find Spyware Remover.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\Stepahanie\Desktop\Free Online Dating.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\Stepahanie\Desktop\Go to Casino.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\Stepahanie\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\system.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Stepahanie\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\TA_Start.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\Stepahanie\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\ta_start.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\Stepahanie\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\think-adz.lnk
C:\Program Files\Common Files\winantispyware 2007
C:\Program Files\Common Files\winantispyware 2007\err.log
C:\Program Files\Common Files\WinAntiSpyware 2007\err.log
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Yazzle1848OinUninstaller.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ystem~1
C:\Program Files\inetget2
C:\Program Files\Insider
C:\Program Files\ISM
C:\Program Files\ISM\BndDrive2.dll
C:\Program Files\ISM\BndDrive2.dll
C:\Program Files\ISM\BndDrive4.dll
C:\Program Files\ISM\BndDrive4.dll
C:\Program Files\ISM\dictionary.gz
C:\Program Files\ISM\dictionary.gz
C:\Program Files\ISM\ism.exe
C:\Program Files\ISM\ism.exe
C:\Program Files\ISM\ISMModule4.exe
C:\Program Files\ISM\ISMModule4.exe
C:\Program Files\ISM\srvupd.exe
C:\Program Files\ISM\srvupd.exe
C:\Program Files\ISM\targets.gz
C:\Program Files\ISM\targets.gz
C:\Program Files\ISM\Uninstall.exe
C:\Program Files\ISM\Uninstall.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\rterele.html
C:\Program Files\network monitor
C:\Program Files\outerinfo
C:\Program Files\outerinfo\outerinfo.ico
C:\Program Files\outerinfo\Terms.rtf
C:\Program Files\s2f.exe
C:\Program Files\winpop
C:\Program Files\Words
C:\Program Files\Words\list.txt
C:\Program Files\Words\script.txt
C:\Program Files\Words\UnInstall.exe
C:\Program Files\Words\Words.exe
C:\Temp\1cb
C:\Temp\1cb\syscheck.log
C:\Temp\fse
C:\Temp\fse\tmpZTF.log
C:\WINDOWS\b111.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Casino.ico
C:\WINDOWS\cookies.ini
C:\WINDOWS\Free Online Dating.ico
C:\WINDOWS\racle~1
C:\WINDOWS\racle~1\n?tdde.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Spyware Remover.ico
C:\WINDOWS\sstem~1
C:\WINDOWS\sstem~1\s?stem\
C:\WINDOWS\system32\6_exception.nls
C:\WINDOWS\system32\abtlalqk.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ahmdcoix.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\aktbjbvx.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\axpciemv.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\bdlyeexj.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\blyhwuce.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\bspumcei.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\budluxps.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cbihrawd.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ckjqvkhg.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmdetgpq.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmewrbrn.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cskmraoq.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cyynkyyh.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dmtyvrbf.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\fopn.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ip6fw.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\runtime2.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dsrodgwv.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dwarhibc.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dwdsrngt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ebwpoglg.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ecuwhylb.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\f02WtR
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fbrvytmd.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ftpycixs.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxopjdil.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ghkvqjkc.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ghmsrmge.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\gjtdlbco.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\glgopwbe.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hbbrmcpx.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hhdtmehe.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hmhypgum.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hrlkujcy.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\iecmupsb.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ihqlvnrp.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjtqvgay.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jmmelqxw.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jxeeyldb.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\kfqspdvk.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\kqlaltba.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ktilnkjx.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\kvdpsqfk.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lidjpoxf.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ljhcffsq.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mkqyipwy.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msnav32.ax
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mugpyhmh.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nrbrwemc.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nwjppfjw.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ocbldtjg.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\olpicxip.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ovlewlaw.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pixciplo.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pplkxylm.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\prnvlqhi.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\qfkdvnwh.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\qidunuts.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\qoarmksc.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\qsffchjl.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spxuldub.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\stunudiq.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sxicyptf.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taiuwthi.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tbjteijm.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tgxsigbx.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\umcysgtd.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winpfz32.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wjfppjwn.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wxqlemmj.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\xbgisxgt.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\xiocdmha.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\xjknlitk.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\xpcmrbbh.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\xvbjbtka.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\xxyxyyw.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\yagvqtjj.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ycjuklrh.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\zxdnt3d.cfg

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((   Drivers/Services   )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-------\LEGACY_CMDSERVICE
-------\LEGACY_DOMAINSERVICE
-------\LEGACY_FOPN
-------\LEGACY_NETWORK_MONITOR
-------\LEGACY_RUNTIME
-------\LEGACY_RUNTIME2
-------\ApiMon
-------\DomainService
-------\runtime

(((((((((((((((((((((((((   Files Created from 2007-09-15 to 2007-10-15  )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-10-15 17:32    51,200  --a------   C:\WINDOWS\NirCmd.exe
2007-10-15 17:22    <DIR>    d--------   C:\Program Files\Hijack
2007-10-15 16:42    <DIR>    d----c---   C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Grisoft
2007-10-15 07:01    14,900  --a------   C:\Program Files\3269.exe
2007-10-14 21:29    <DIR>    d--------   C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Application Data\SiteAdvisor
2007-10-14 21:00    <DIR>    d--------   C:\Documents and Settings\Stepahanie\Application Data\SiteAdvisor
2007-10-14 20:19    <DIR>    d--------   C:\Program Files\RegCure
2007-10-14 20:08    <DIR>    d--------   C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor
2007-10-14 20:08    <DIR>    d--------   C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\SiteAdvisor
2007-10-14 20:08    <DIR>    d--------   C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\SiteAdvisor
2007-10-14 20:08    <DIR>    d--------   C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SiteAdvisor
2007-10-14 20:08    107,608 --a------   C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Mpfp.sys
2007-10-14 20:07    <DIR>    d--------   C:\Program Files\McAfee.com
2007-10-14 20:07    <DIR>    d--------   C:\Program Files\McAfee
2007-10-14 20:07    <DIR>    d--------   C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee
2007-10-14 20:07    <DIR>    d--------   C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee
2007-10-14 16:47    <DIR>    d--------   C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor
2007-10-10 06:41    584,192 ---------   C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\rpcrt4.dll
2007-10-06 23:00    <DIR>    d--------   C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\iolo
2007-10-06 23:00    <DIR>    d--------   C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\iolo
2007-10-06 21:58    <DIR>    d--------   C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\PC Tools
2007-10-06 21:56    626,688 --a------   C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcr80.dll
2007-10-06 08:06    12,288  --a------   C:\WINDOWS\mraerea.exe
2007-10-05 23:58    <DIR>    d--------   C:\Program Files\Lavasoft
2007-10-05 23:58    <DIR>    d--------   C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft
2007-10-05 21:05    <DIR>    d--h-----   C:\WINDOWS\system32\GroupPolicy
2007-10-05 20:44    <DIR>    d--------   C:\Program Files\Windows Defender
2007-10-04 15:44    <DIR>    d--------   C:\Program Files\iPod
2007-10-04 08:58    9,728   --a------   C:\Program Files\hlpsrv.exe
2007-10-03 03:55    <DIR>    d--------   C:\WINDOWS\system32\vMW02a
2007-10-03 03:55    <DIR>    d----c---   C:\Temp\xOe
2007-09-29 17:36    1,499,299   ---hs----   C:\WINDOWS\system32\rtutv.ini2
2007-09-29 17:01    <DIR>    d--------   C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
2007-09-27 19:46    <DIR>    d--------   C:\Program Files\BuddyList Ops

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((   Find3M Report   ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2007-10-15 00:22    ---------   d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\uTorrent
2007-10-13 16:21    ---------   d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\Apple Computer
2007-10-08 20:07    ---------   d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\AdobeUM
2007-10-06 01:01    1,505,112   --sh--w C:\WINDOWS\system32\rtutv.bak2
2007-10-04 19:44    ---------   d-----w C:\Program Files\iTunes
2007-10-04 09:46    142 ----a-w C:\Program Files\page.html
2007-10-03 18:43    1,516,933   --sh--w C:\WINDOWS\system32\rtutv.bak1
2007-10-03 03:06    10  ----a-w C:\Program Files\.autoreg
2007-09-30 03:21    ---------   d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Application Data\MEGAUPLOADTOOLBAR
2007-09-17 14:05    ---------   dc----w C:\Documents and Settings\Adam\Application Data\MEGAUPLOADTOOLBAR
2007-09-17 13:56    ---------   dc-h--w C:\Documents and Settings\Adam\Application Data\GTek
2007-09-13 06:32    ---------   d-----w C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update
2007-09-01 12:13    ---------   d--h--w C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information
2007-09-01 12:13    ---------   d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic Shared
2007-08-30 13:18    ---------   d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\MEGAUPLOADTOOLBAR
2007-08-30 13:17    ---------   d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\Yahoo!
2007-08-30 13:12    ---------   d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\NetMon
2007-08-30 05:44    ---------   d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\MEGAUPLOADTOOLBAR
2007-08-30 05:40    ---------   d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\Yahoo!
2007-08-30 05:34    ---------   d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\NetMon
2007-08-22 12:55    96,256  ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\inseng.dll
2007-08-22 12:55    665,600 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wininet.dll
2007-08-22 12:55    617,984 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\urlmon.dll
2007-08-22 12:55    55,808  ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\extmgr.dll
2007-08-22 12:55    532,480 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\mstime.dll
2007-08-22 12:55    474,112 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\shlwapi.dll
2007-08-22 12:55    449,024 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\mshtmled.dll
2007-08-22 12:55    39,424  ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\pngfilt.dll
2007-08-22 12:55    357,888 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\dxtmsft.dll
2007-08-22 12:55    3,064,832   ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\mshtml.dll
2007-08-22 12:55    251,904 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\iepeers.dll
2007-08-22 12:55    205,824 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\dxtrans.dll
2007-08-22 12:55    16,384  ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\jsproxy.dll
2007-08-22 12:55    151,040 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\cdfview.dll
2007-08-22 12:55    146,432 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\msrating.dll
2007-08-22 12:55    1,498,112   ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\shdocvw.dll
2007-08-22 12:55    1,054,208   ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\danim.dll
2007-08-22 12:55    1,022,976   ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\browseui.dll
2007-08-21 18:05    ---------   d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\Sonic
2007-08-21 18:05    ---------   d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\Leadertech
2007-08-21 10:19    18,432  ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\iedw.exe
2007-08-21 06:15    683,520 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetcomm.dll
2007-08-21 06:15    683,520 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\inetcomm.dll
2007-08-18 00:24    ---------   d-----w C:\Program Files\Google
2007-07-30 23:19    92,504  ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\cdm.dll
2007-07-30 23:19    92,504  ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\cdm.dll
2007-07-30 23:19    549,720 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuapi.dll
2007-07-30 23:19    549,720 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wuapi.dll
2007-07-30 23:19    53,080  ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
2007-07-30 23:19    53,080  ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wuauclt.exe
2007-07-30 23:19    43,352  ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wups2.dll
2007-07-30 23:19    325,976 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wucltui.dll
2007-07-30 23:19    325,976 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wucltui.dll
2007-07-30 23:19    203,096 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuweb.dll
2007-07-30 23:19    203,096 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wuweb.dll
2007-07-30 23:19    1,712,984   ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuaueng.dll
2007-07-30 23:19    1,712,984   ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wuaueng.dll
2007-07-30 23:18    33,624  ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wups.dll
2007-07-30 23:18    33,624  ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wups.dll
2006-11-25 07:57    482 ----a-w C:\Program Files\Del.js
2007-06-18 03:05:42 848 --sha-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\KGyGaAvL.sys

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((   Reg Loading Points   ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"!AVG Anti-Spyware"="C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" [2007-06-14 09:43]
"SigmatelSysTrayApp"="stsystra.exe" [2005-03-23 00:20 C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe]
"ATIPTA"="C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe" [2005-08-05 21:05]
"DMXLauncher"="C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe" [2005-11-01 03:12]
"CTSysVol"="C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe" [2005-09-15 09:47]
"MBMon"="CTMBHA.DLL" [2005-05-19 08:54 C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTMBHA.DLL]
"UpdReg"="C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE" [2000-05-11 01:00]
"ISUSPM Startup"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" [2005-06-10 10:44]
"pccguide.exe"="C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 12\pccguide.exe" [2005-08-30 16:47]
"DLA"="C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE" []
"AOLDialer"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe" [2006-10-23 08:50]
"HostManager"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1180058179\ee\AOLSoftware.exe" [2006-09-25 20:52]
"QuickTime Task"="C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" [2007-06-29 06:24]
"snp2std"="C:\WINDOWS\vsnp2std.exe" []
"{06-68-84-4B-ZN}"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\lndsrngn.exe" []
"CTRegRun"="C:\WINDOWS\CTRegRun.EXE" [1999-10-11 06:00]
"Windows Defender"="C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" [2006-11-03 19:20]
"SiteAdvisor"="C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6028\SiteAdv.exe" [2007-02-08 22:39]
"Google Desktop Search"="C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" [2007-10-14 21:02]
"VoiceCenter"="C:\Program Files\Creative\VoiceCenter\AndreaVC.exe" [2005-09-19 07:42]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"SetDefaultMIDI"="MIDIDef.exe" [2004-12-22 17:40 C:\WINDOWS\MIDIDEF.EXE]
"Creative Detector"="C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe" [2004-12-02 18:23]
"OE_OEM"="C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 12\TMAS_OE\TMAS_OEMon.exe" [2006-04-11 19:39]
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-04 05:00]
"Aim6"="C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" [2007-04-27 17:17]
"DellSupport"="C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" [2007-03-15 11:09]
"Yahoo! Pager"="C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" []
"MSMSGS"="C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" [2004-10-13 12:24]
"Tair"="C:\WINDOWS\SSTEM~1\alg.exe" []
"Urzk"="C:\WINDOWS\?racle\n?tdde.exe" []

[HKEY_USERS\.default\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run]
"swg"=C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
"DisableRegistryTools"=0 (0x0)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer]
"DisallowCpl"=1 (0x1)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\windows]
"appinit_dlls"=C:\WINDOWS\system32\sulimo.dat C:\PROGRA~1\Google\GOOGLE~1\GOEC62~1.DLL

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\iTunesHelper]
"C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"

R3 sigfilt;sigfilt;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sigfilt.sys
S2 0122671192406902mcinstcleanup;McAfee Application Installer Cleanup (0122671192406902);C:\DOCUME~1\Sam\LOCALS~1\Temp\012267~1.EXE C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\INSTAL~1\cleanup.ini -cleanup -nolog -service
S3 SNP2STD;USB2.0 PC Camera (SNP2STD);C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\snp2sxp.sys

Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
"2007-10-09 15:01:00 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job"
"2007-10-15 05:00:00 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\McDefragTask.job"
- c:\program files\mcafee\mqc\QcConsol.exe
"2007-10-15 00:08:07 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\McQcTask.job"
"2007-10-15 20:56:31 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\MP Scheduled Scan.job"
- C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe
"2007-10-15 21:36:47 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\RegCure Program Check.job"
"2007-10-15 00:19:35 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\RegCure.job"

catchme 0.3.1169 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2007-10-15 17:37:11
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\ControlSet001\Services\ATWPKT2]
"ImagePath"="\??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ATWPKT2.SYS"
Completion time: 2007-10-15 17:39:24 - machine was rebooted
--- E O F ---

And here is the new hijackthis log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 5:42:26 PM, on 10/15/2007
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6028\SAService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6028\SiteAdv.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\VoiceCenter\AndreaVC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijack\HiJackThis.exe

O3 - Toolbar: McAfee SiteAdvisor - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6028\SiteAdv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SiteAdvisor] C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6028\SiteAdv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VoiceCenter] "C:\Program Files\Creative\VoiceCenter\AndreaVC.exe" /tray
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe (User 'Default user')
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\WINDOWS\system32\sulimo.dat C:\PROGRA~1\Google\GOOGLE~1\GOEC62~1.DLL
O23 - Service: McAfee Application Installer Cleanup (0122671192406902) (0122671192406902mcinstcleanup) - Unknown owner - C:\DOCUME~1\Sam\LOCALS~1\Temp\012267~1.EXE (file missing)
O23 - Service: McAfee HackerWatch Service - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\HackerWatch\HWAPI.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Update Manager (mcmispupdmgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Protection Manager (mcpromgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
O23 - Service: SiteAdvisor Service - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6028\SAService.exe

--
End of file - 9908 bytes

===============

Can you disable Windows Defender as it may interfere with the removal process. Please leave it disabled until your PC has been given the all clear.

• Open Windows Defender
  • Click Tools
  • Click General Settings
  • Close Windows Defender

===============

Scan with HijackThis and then place a check next to all the following, if present:

Now, close all instances of Internet Explorer and any other windows you have open except HiJackThis, click "Fix checked".

===============

Locate and delete the following item(s), if present. Make sure you are able to view system and hidden files/ folders:

folders...

C:\WINDOWS\SSTEM~1

files...

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lndsrngn.exe

-

Note that some of these file(s)/folder(s) may or may not be present. If present, and cannot be deleted because they're 'in use', try deleting them in Safe Mode by doing the following:

• Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.

-

Reboot.

===============

After rebooting, rescan with hijackthis and post back a new log. Please let me know how your pc is now.

There are fewer errors, but computer still runs rather sluggishly at times and the task manager is still almost always disable by an administrator.

New HJT:

Scan saved at 3:25:38 PM, on 10/16/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6172\SAService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6172\SiteAdv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1180058179\ee\aolsoftware.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {089FD14D-132B-48FC-8861-0048AE113215} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6172\SiteAdv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee SiteAdvisor - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6172\SiteAdv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SiteAdvisor] C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6172\SiteAdv.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-1488046231-4255717838-2118716322-1009\..\Run: [SetDefaultMIDI] MIDIDef.exe (User 'Michael')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-1488046231-4255717838-2118716322-1009\..\Run: [Creative Detector] "C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe" /R (User 'Michael')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-1488046231-4255717838-2118716322-1009\..\Run: [Creative MediaSource Go] "C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Go\CTCMSGo.exe" /SCB (User 'Michael')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-1488046231-4255717838-2118716322-1009\..\Run: [OE_OEM] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 12\TMAS_OE\TMAS_OEMon.exe" (User 'Michael')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-1488046231-4255717838-2118716322-1009\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe (User 'Michael')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-1488046231-4255717838-2118716322-1009\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" /startup (User 'Michael')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-1488046231-4255717838-2118716322-1009\..\Run: [WinAVX] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WinAvXX.exe (User 'Michael')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe (User 'Default user')
O23 - Service: SiteAdvisor Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6172\SAService.exe

--
End of file - 10562 bytes

Please download VundoFix.exe
to your desktop.

• Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
  • Click the Scan for Vundo button.
  • Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
  • You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
  • Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
  • When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.
  • Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a new HijackThis log.

Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove.
In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the above
instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button." when
VundoFix appears at reboot.

Looks like nothing was found...

VundoFix V6.5.10

Checking Java version...

Java version is 1.4.2.3
Old versions of java are exploitable and should be removed.

Scan started at 5:04:19 PM 10/16/2007

Listing files found while scanning....

No infected files were found.

Beginning removal...

HJT:

Scan saved at 5:19:19 PM, on 10/16/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1180058179\ee\aolsoftware.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PCCGUIDE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {089FD14D-132B-48FC-8861-0048AE113215} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6172\SiteAdv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee SiteAdvisor - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6172\SiteAdv.dll
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-1488046231-4255717838-2118716322-1009\..\Run: [SetDefaultMIDI] MIDIDef.exe (User 'Michael')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-1488046231-4255717838-2118716322-1009\..\Run: [Creative Detector] "C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe" /R (User 'Michael')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-1488046231-4255717838-2118716322-1009\..\Run: [Creative MediaSource Go] "C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Go\CTCMSGo.exe" /SCB (User 'Michael')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-1488046231-4255717838-2118716322-1009\..\Run: [OE_OEM] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 12\TMAS_OE\TMAS_OEMon.exe" (User 'Michael')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-1488046231-4255717838-2118716322-1009\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe (User 'Michael')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-1488046231-4255717838-2118716322-1009\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" /startup (User 'Michael')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-1488046231-4255717838-2118716322-1009\..\Run: [WinAVX] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WinAvXX.exe (User 'Michael')
O23 - Service: SiteAdvisor Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6172\SAService.exe

--
End of file - 10598 bytes

===============

• Open Windows Defender
  • Click Tools
  • Click General Settings
  • Close Windows Defender

===============

===============

files...

C:\WINDOWS\system32\WinAvXX.exe

-

• Restart your computer

-

Reboot.

===============

Download CCleaner and install, then run it.

1. Uncheck "Cookies" under "Internet Explorer".
  2. Click on Run Cleaner in the lower right-hand corner. This can take quite a while to run.
  3. Close when finished.

==

After rebooting, rescan with hijackthis and post back a new log. Please let me know how your pc is now.

There are definitely less errors, but my computer still runs rather sluggishly at times.

HJT:

Scan saved at 11:30:19 PM, on 10/18/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe

--
End of file - 10454 bytes

Did you have problems with the last instructions? The same two entries I marked for removal are still there.

==

Please go to Jotti's or to virustotal and have these files scanned. Post the results back here.

C:\Program Files\3269.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Mpfp.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\rpcrt4.dll
C:\WINDOWS\mraerea.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcr80.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rtutv.ini2
C:\Temp\xOe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rtutv.bak2
C:\Program Files\page.html
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rtutv.bak1
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\iedw.exe

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.