I have been having this problem - it just started today. I use an email/back office program for my business through a company called Earnware Corporation. (I don't know if that matters). I get this box that says "Internet Explorer Encountered a Problem and Needs to Close". When I click on the button for details it gives me:
AppName: iexplore.exe Appver: 7.0.6000.16544 Mod Name: unknown
Mod Ver: 0.0.0.0 Offset 04140d40
It then shuts my whole program down and takes me back to my desktop.

I have searched through these treads and really don't know where to start. I have run a scan w/ my McAfee - found nothing. I ran the ewido spyware scan like the post in this thread suggested. I followed all the directions and when it came to the 4 steps at the end, I set it to Quarantine, I applied all actions, but then it wouldn't allow me the option to save report. I still have the screen up on my computer just in case you need me to tell you what objects were found.

I have also deleted all my cookies and temp files. That's the extent of my computer knowledge.

I am also getting an error pop up in a gray box in other applications. This says: the instruction at "OxffffOclc" referenced memory at "OxffffOclc." The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program. This has popped up quite a few times today just as I was doing different things on the internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you! Christina

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Here's an addition...I thought I'd try to download Mozilla FireFox to use instead of IE. I went to the site, clicked the download button and that IE had to close box popped up. THEN I got the gray box w/ the instruction at 0x0446415e referenced memory at 0x0474c890. The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate. THEN I got a little gray box that said Runtime error 216 at 0446415E.
Please Help!!

If the Save Scan button is greyed out at the end of a scan it is likely that under Scanner, Settings you have Automatically generate a report selected [default setting], in which case it will be under Reports tab. I think you may have a little trojan in there?

If the Save Scan button is greyed out at the end of a scan it is likely that under Scanner, Settings you have Automatically generate a report selected [default setting], in which case it will be under Reports tab. I think you may have a little trojan in there?

OK, how do I get rid of that? I am really clueless about this stuff! Thanks for your help!!

Christina

Hello, Christina, please do all that your system will allow of these:
==Download this temp file cleaner from http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=1 --click in the download window to run it, and when ATF Cleaner opens go Select all, and then Empty Selected.
Next click Firefox [if you have that browser..] at the top, Select All again, and Empty Selected again. Follow that procedure also if you have Opera.
Close ATF.
==Please use IE to do an online scan at panda:- http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan?
-select a link to the scan... free online virus scan...., enter a valid? email and follow through, choosing My Computer for a full system scan.
Post the log it produces here.
==download hijackthis: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5554.html
-copy it to a new folder either alongside your program files or on your desktop.
-in that folder start HijackThis by dclicking the .exe; now close ALL other applications and any open windows including the explorer window containing HijackThis.
-click the Scan and Save a Logfile button. Post the log here.
If you can get access to that AVG AS report I would like to see it also.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.