Ok this is annyoying. THis stupid search bar keeps popping up on my desktop next to the clock at the bottom right. ITS ANNOYING! Its called the quik search bar. I know its spyware. Everytime i exit it, it comes back a couple hours later! HOW DO I REMOVE IT?! I tried adaware and spybot. HELP

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

do an adaware/spyware scan with ad aware and spybot S&D and to get rid of spyware. you might also want to try hijackthis but dont try to repair the things yourself post the hijackthis log on this site so someone can tell you what is the best choices. If the problem still continues goto start<run<regedt32 then go into HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder the go down to software and delete the entry for quikk search bar whatever also do this in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Good Idea to backup you registry if you do go in and start deleting things.
backup=file /export ,and save it

yeah that would be a good idea

hey if you want a tool to fix your registry then try registry mechanic if you dont already have it. It costs money but it works. it scans your registry for any registry entries that dont work or dont need anymore like programs that dont exist or that u uninstall sometimes leave their registry files behind. Oh just so you know it doesnt fix spyware or i dont think so.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.