Hi all

I am new to Linux and have been trying to set up an ftp connection using pure-ftpd. I have been able to set up the ftp and am using anonymous access with this. My main problem is using the upload script. I have compiled pure-ftpd with the uploadscript, but when I try and install this there is no response.

The command I am using is:
/usr/local/sbin/pure-uploadscript -r /home/administrator/ftpupload.sh (ftpupload.sh being the file I want to use).

I have run the file beforehand to check there are no errors.

If anyone has any ideas that would be greatly appreciated. Can uploadscript be used with anonymous access?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all

I am new to Linux and have been trying to set up an ftp connection using pure-ftpd. I have been able to set up the ftp and am using anonymous access with this. My main problem is using the upload script. I have compiled pure-ftpd with the uploadscript, but when I try and install this there is no response.

The command I am using is:
/usr/local/sbin/pure-uploadscript -r /home/administrator/ftpupload.sh (ftpupload.sh being the file I want to use).

I have run the file beforehand to check there are no errors.

If anyone has any ideas that would be greatly appreciated. Can uploadscript be used with anonymous access?

Thanks in advance.

post the uploadscript code somewere and link to it so i can look at it ive never used pure-ftpd but i should be able to help

Here is the script that I am using once an upload has taken place.

#!/bin/bash

# A script to change the group of a recently uploaded file by copying it to another location
# and deleting the file in the original location.

cd /mnt/fv_disk/ftp
cp public/* /mnt/fv_disk/ftp/ibuild
chgrp Testers /mnt/fv_disk/ftp/ibuild/*
cd /mnt/fv_disk/ftp/public
rm -f *

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.