Hi,

I'm very new to linux and I have some problems installing Mandrake 10 on VMWare 4.5. Everything goes well until I test my video configuration. The screen just goes crazy! It splits in four and I can barely read what's between the fuzzy lines.

I tried the default VMWare Video Adapter under many resolution and I always get the same result. I tried to install Mandrake 10 four times and I'm thinking to abandon Linux OS...

• I don't want to download another distribution since I already waste time downloading 3 CDs.
  • I don't want to install a dual boot, since this is my office computer.

Here are the devices that may cause the problem:
- P4 - 1.8 GHz
- ATI Rage 128 Pro
- Daytek 17 inch monitor

Another question, I had a dual boot on my home computer, but I lost it since I rebuilt the windows boot. Can someone tell me how to create a floppy boot for my Mandrake 10?

Thank you

El Pablo

You can use CD1 as a boot CD. Press F2 (I think) for options and head to rescue mode.

Run /usr/X11R6/bin/xf86config as root and choose minimal resolutions to at least get ya going.

Hi,

I'm very new to linux and I have some problems installing Mandrake 10 on VMWare 4.5. Everything goes well until I test my video configuration. The screen just goes crazy! It splits in four and I can barely read what's between the fuzzy lines.

I tried the default VMWare Video Adapter under many resolution and I always get the same result. I tried to install Mandrake 10 four times and I'm thinking to abandon Linux OS...

• I don't want to download another distribution since I already waste time downloading 3 CDs.
  • I don't want to install a dual boot, since this is my office computer.

Here are the devices that may cause the problem:
- P4 - 1.8 GHz
- ATI Rage 128 Pro
- Daytek 17 inch monitor

Another question, I had a dual boot on my home computer, but I lost it since I rebuilt the windows boot. Can someone tell me how to create a floppy boot for my Mandrake 10?

Thank you

El Pablo

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.