hi guys
i need some serious help...............i have dual os in my machine (win xp & fedora core 1).................recently xp got crashed 4 some reason................so i reintall it................but now i have lost grub boot loader................i have some criticle data in my linux partition.........................plzzz help me.............i want 2 reinstall linux without formating that partition.......................
thanks

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by kc0arf

Ok tell me you created a boot floppy disc. :)

well if not you can put the rescue cd in that they have online and boot from there and re-install grub to the master boot record. you dont need to re install linux :)

download area
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/iso/

im not sure but i think you could use the core 2 rescue disk to get into your core 1 install. well it should work so download this file
FC2-i386-rescuecd.iso at the addy above :) and give that a try and then re
instal grub once you are in

i fedora core 1 cds..............can i do it from these cds...........& re install grub frm there...........

Hello,

.... and this time, you should make the rescue floppy disk so that you are set when XP crashes on you again.

Always make the rescue floppy. :) Always.

Christian

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.