i am running SuSe 9.x and i have 2 different wifi cards(d-link dwl650 and a mini pci card that came with the laptop..i think its a broadcom) and i cant get either one of them to work. on the d-link card it has the 2 lights(link and act) the act light is coming on, but no link light. im starting to think that im not compatable with linux. i have d/l'd the prism54 driver set but i just dont know what to do with it. any help would be great. i just want to use linux and be online too :cry:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

i am running SuSe 9.x and i have 2 different wifi cards(d-link dwl650 and a mini pci card that came with the laptop..i think its a broadcom) and i cant get either one of them to work. on the d-link card it has the 2 lights(link and act) the act light is coming on, but no link light. im starting to think that im not compatable with linux. i have d/l'd the prism54 driver set but i just dont know what to do with it. any help would be great. i just want to use linux and be online too :cry:[/
Hello...I use mepis.It autodetcts all of my internet.You may need to manually input the settings for your wireless card .I use a D-link router(not wireless) and it auto-detects.Mepis is one of the easiest to use and one of the easiest to install to the hard drive....k ;)

USe dmesg to see if the card was detected.
You would also want to start the pcmcia service .

./thanks
ilaiy

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.