Im not sure if this is the place to post. I had knoppix 3.8 live cd and was trying to install it onto my hard drive. I made a linux-swap partition using the qtparted v0.4.4. The linux-swap partition is about 500mb and the rest is windows NTFS partition. Theres no more space on my drive to creat a second root partition for linux. When I try to delete the linux-swap partition I get the error "The partition is mounted", so I tryd to boot back into windows and get a blue screen with the error 0X000000ED (0X8172D030, 0X000014F, 0X00000000, 0X00000000) . So.... I put the windows installation disk in tryd to run chkdsk /r and fixboot in the command prompt and it wont let me it states another error wich I cant remember. Back in qtparted it says that the linux-swap partition is busy?!

Any one have any suggestions at all???

Any help would be appretiated, thank you. Razta

Im not sure if this is the place to post. I had knoppix 3.8 live cd and was trying to install it onto my hard drive. I made a linux-swap partition using the qtparted v0.4.4. The linux-swap partition is about 500mb and the rest is windows NTFS partition. Theres no more space on my drive to creat a second root partition for linux. When I try to delete the linux-swap partition I get the error "The partition is mounted", so I tryd to boot back into windows and get a blue screen with the error 0X000000ED (0X8172D030, 0X000014F, 0X00000000, 0X00000000) . So.... I put the windows installation disk in tryd to run chkdsk /r and fixboot in the command prompt and it wont let me it states another error wich I cant remember. Back in qtparted it says that the linux-swap partition is busy?!

Any one have any suggestions at all???

Any help would be appretiated, thank you. Razta

run the knoppix and left click the swap partition from the desk top select unmount
then try again. or in qtparted , unmount the swap , you will need two partitions to run the install for linux one swap and a root. if you dont have any more room to put windows and linux on you may have to either get a larger hd or an external hd to run one of them on . but the unmount did work for me and then i had to start over. or if you do have the windows program on cd and it is the complete version not just a recovery cd you could go into dos mode and reformat c drive but this may be a redical fix.and if the windows cd is no good then it is wiped out.as far as windows .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.