First of all, I would like to apologize if I have posted this in the wrong forum. If I have made this mistake, please tell me where this should be placed and I will quickly fix that.

Okay, now to the problem. I downloaded a zip file and extracted it into a file called Game on my desktop. I extracted it. There is an executable file along with a bunch of folders. I put and extracted other zip files into the folders I just mentioned. Then, I tried to run the executable file and got this message:

Archive: /home/amber/Desktop/Game/ePSXe/ePSXe.exe
[/home/amber/Desktop/Game/ePSXe/ePSXe.exe]
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
zipinfo: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /home/amber/Desktop/Game/ePSXe/ePSXe.exe or
/home/amber/Desktop/Game/ePSXe/ePSXe.exe.zip, and cannot find /home/amber/Desktop/Game/ePSXe/ePSXe.exe.ZIP, period.

Did my zip file not extract correctly? I am a total noob and have no idea where to begin making changes.

Thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

It has to do with the associations of application and file extensions. If you right click on the .exe file, open properties, and then click on the tool icon, you will get a form that shows what applications are associated with that extension. You can change, or move them up/down to change the default. So, the system thinks .exe is another name for .zip... :-). A Windows exe file may run in the Wine environment, but you need to make sure you have Wine installed. Then you may be able to run it as an application in Linux.

Thank you so much! You are absolutely right.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.