Hi I am trying to setup a multinode Hadoop cluster and I would like to know, how to install hadoop in all the slaves machine from the master machine itself.

Ideally, all the slave machines should have same configuration, is there a way to provide instructions to all the slaves simultaneously?

for example, if I say "sudo apt-get install git" from my master machine, it should install git on all the slave machines. appreciate your help on this

Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Pavan_6

Rubberman, if it can work on Cloudera, then there is some software in apache that should do the same work? do you know what it is called in cloudera?

Edited by pritaeas: Removed markdown.

If you need a quick-and-dirty approach to controlling several machines in parallel (provided the number of machines is fairly small) you can use tmux. With a separate pane hosting an ssh session to a unique host you can enable synchronize-panes in tmux to have commands echoed to each host at the same time.

Search for tmux synchronize-panes for more details.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.