rfw 0 Newbie Poster

I am using a book to install Linux on my PC. The book is "Linux for Dummies" by Dee-Ann LeBlanc. It came with a DVD with Fedora 5 on it. Installed Fedora to dual boot my PC. I have 120GB IDE drive for Linux and 160 Gb SATA drive for back-up. I am dual booting my PC with Windows. Windows has a 40 GB IDE drive and a 80 GB SATA drive for back-up. I booted my computer and it came up okay. I shut it down did some email on windows and then shut down Windows and reboot Fedora and it hung during the boot at the Starting System Mesage. I reinstalled Fedora and it worked fine. I then shut it down and rebooted Fedora and it hung again at the same spot. I have noticed that Windows notes that one of my two 512 MG memory chips has a bad cell at X0890. But Windows works fine. I hope someone can tell me what to do. I have tried to down load Fedora as a DVD but it is 3.1 GB and the Windows tool Leechget doesn't even start it right.

I have another book with the same title by Naba Barkakati. It has another DVD whcih I will try. :sad:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.